Running Lines

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
What knot are y’all using for backing to running line?

I’m using 30lb backing and ~0.017in running line, which is a weird combination; the backing is significantly thicker than the running line. An Albright knot seems to hold, but it doesn’t look right and I think it will slip. I’m currently using a uni knot, but the running line doesn’t seem to burn into itself and get seated really tight.

I would prefer to avoid using a swivel, because I want the running line to be as short as possible and this junction is likely to hit the guides at some point.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Lazar for me, but on one reel I have/had/hope to have back in my possession I was using a FIPS nymphing line. Better handling than the Lazar, but not as good in many other ways.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
What knot are y’all using for backing to running line?

I’m using 30lb backing and ~0.017in running line, which is a weird combination; the backing is significantly thicker than the running line. An Albright knot seems to hold, but it doesn’t look right and I think it will slip. I’m currently using a uni knot, but the running line doesn’t seem to burn into itself and get seated really tight.

I would prefer to avoid using a swivel, because I want the running line to be as short as possible and this junction is likely to hit the guides at some point.
I attach with loop to loop from backing to mono running lines.