Rain

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
When I was young and dumb I used to fish in that kind of weather. But now that I'm old and wise I keep my ass home.(y)(y)
I am sure. What is the coldest night you ever experienced?

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Saw a forecast for the possible return of smoke again mid week.
SF
Got a dose of it today…
Winds were really weird as well - at home east; 40 mile east had west; 50 miles south had south; 50 miles west had north; 50 miles north had east.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Minus 60 degrees. Was stationed in Greenland for 11 months. It was in the middle of winter. Some time in January in 1956. Plus our crapper was an out house. No heat and you didn't linger in there at all.
Dad was in Thule…mid-1960s

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have a golf event this weekend. Gonna be sunny and 70's in mid October.
Shorts and shirts.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Got a dose of it today…
Winds were really weird as well - at home east; 40 mile east had west; 50 miles south had south; 50 miles west had north; 50 miles north had east.
What are you really trying to say with this sentence.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My local crick is still running muddy. Been that way since July. By the time it cools off enough to clear up its going to be too cold for much skater action. Totally missing my favorite part of the year.

Buddy just canceled his GR float, not enough water to get down it. I've got a couple more weeks until mine but the 10 day forecast is all sun and 70s.

This is great weather for September but I'm ready for fall!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
What are you really trying to say with this sentence.
If I have to explain it, then you would know where I live…and where my favorite little blue line resides. 😉

All kidding aside, the way the wind was blowing around me, we shouldn’t have had as much smoke as we did…in relation to where the fire is…it was visible at ground level too.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
This is good newz...
I finish a big project Thursday, and most of the garden is ripe and ready to pick, bumper crop of peppers, and a bunch of tomatoes from our reduced planting.
Planting the garlic and shallots next week, so they will be well watered in.
Thus completes the work/garden thing and have a bunch of time to go fishing...at the perfect time too.
:)

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Pleasant surprise here in Palos Verdes Estates: a decent rain! Sure wish we were getting this (and more) back home!

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
An illustration of how things change...

I just shot this photo of the Sol Duc out back. It's a little more than ankle deep all the way across. This time last year is was more like thigh to waist deep and lots of coho were moving through and resting in the rocks on the far bank. Our Rhododendron collection (200+ from all over the world) is drying up and dying. We really need some precip!
IMG_2378.JPG

However!!!

I don't want what we got a few short weeks from this point in the year in 2021 from almost the exact same vantage point. November was brutal. Here's what I woke up to then...