Rain

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Looks like we might get some tonight or on Wednesday. I hope so, as we could use some to freshen things up.
I'm probably in the minority for wanting rain. Unfortunately, it looks like this will be shorted lived and start to dry up again.
SF

I would like some rain, I'm sure the streams inhabitants would too, but I don't think we're there yet. Been moving the lawn sprinkler around the while grading homework this morning 'cause it's so dry.
1664300046167.png

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I would like some rain, I'm sure the streams inhabitants would too, but I don't think we're there yet. Been moving the lawn sprinkler around the while grading homework this morning 'cause it's so dry.
View attachment 34304

That certainly looks dry but the temp highs look at least reasonable for over there.
How was the grape harvest around there this year if you've heard anything about it?
SF

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
That certainly looks dry but the temp highs look at least reasonable for over there.
How was the grape harvest around there this year if you've heard anything about it?
SF
As far as I've seen everybody is watching the fruit for the right time, but I have not been out far. I see bins out for the college vineyards but no harvest yet. The automatic shotguns are going off all over and helicopters are flying in the mornings so were getting close.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Dry out here...
As the long term Noaa forecast had predicted earlier this year, drier than normal through September, October and into November also.
I think .07 is the forecasted precip out here the next day or so.
Given the soil temps and air temps that may wash the dust off the leaves, but probably not.
Watering the garden daily still, no end in sight.

kerrys

Ignored Member
Dry out here...
As the long term Noaa forecast had predicted earlier this year, drier than normal through September, October and into November also.
I think .07 is the forecasted precip out here the next day or so.
Given the soil temps and air temps that may wash the dust off the leaves, but probably not.
Watering the garden daily still, no end in sight.
That is about enough rain to put big round spots on our vehicles where the dust was. I don’t care. I’m not washing my truck.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
That the beauty of fishing saltwater, at least on the sound and canal.
Rain and wind can blow out some beaches, but there is always a place to fish regardless of the weather.
There is also a lot less people out so bring it on! :ROFLMAO:
SF

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Well the rain forecast went away.
10 day has no rain through October 6th.
80 on Saturday, so things are getting nice and ripe in the garden.
;)

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Did someone say rain? We're expecting about 5 to 6 inches on Friday/Saturday here in coastal Carolina - apparently has something to do with some guy named Ian.

cheers

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Well the rain forecast went away.
10 day has no rain through October 6th.
80 on Saturday, so things are getting nice and ripe in the garden.
;)

Well, I guess your lawn will be brown then when I park on it….. 😂
I’m still hoping for at least 0.07” of rain.
SF

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
SF

I'm usually 40% in the door by now (4,000 out of 10,000 tons). As of this morning I am 8% done...

For our high end stuff, we haven't picked a single grape from Walla Walla, and our first pick is today...Chardonnay that we normally pick just after Labor Day. Slow ripening this year, although the weather the last week bumped up some sugars and flavors. Hoping the weather for the next 7 - 10 days does the same thing.

Overall we are about 3 weeks behind.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Got a few light raindrops around here this morning, not even enough to keep the dust down.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Zero out here on th OP...
Nice and cloudy though, cool day for working...
Almost feels Fall like, but not quite.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
From my home weather station.
1664385362782.png
The lawn, plants, and trees are getting a little water. Still Sprinkling.