Rain

MELinOre

Steelhead
We got just under a half inch this morning.
Capture.JPG

All of it(so far) between 5am and 9am.
Capture0.JPG

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
That is about enough rain to put big round spots on our vehicles where the dust was. I don’t care. I’m not washing my truck.
I haven't washed my Pick-up in 5 years. It's white and when it rains here in Butte. It rains hard. It gets washed pretty good.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Still raining, a little harder now
1664391976723.png

G_Smolt

Legend
We had 6.4 inches at the downtown gauge in the last 7 days...this happened Monday evening on the next street above the main business thoroughfare -
FB_IMG_1664408749804.jpg
FB_IMG_1664408744287.jpg

There were a few smaller slides as well, none as consequential as this one.

5+ inches forecast for the 48hr period Thursday-Saturday. Things may get weird.
Screenshot_20220928-155445_Chrome.jpg

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
We had 6.4 inches at the downtown gauge in the last 7 days...this happened Monday evening on the next street above the main business thoroughfare -
View attachment 34495
View attachment 34496

There were a few smaller slides as well, none as consequential as this one.

5+ inches forecast for the 48hr period Thursday-Saturday. Things may get weird.
View attachment 34497

Major bummer. I hope everyone was ok.
Good luck and stay safe getting through the next system.
SF

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Raining near coast here now. Had decent rain overnight it looked like when I looked out early am.
Only .3" or so around our place north of you. 3" under normal for September. The Sol Duc looks about ankle/shin deep behind our place.

I worry about all the fall Coho getting kegged up in the lower Quill and how many will end up in nets before they ever make it up the step into the 'Duc. Same thing happened a few years back and it was carnage.

Good link for those interested in these sorts of metrics: https://www.weather.gov/wrh/Climate?wfo=sew

A look back at our first November on the OP. It was a tough one between the 14th-15th (10" in two days, I was in the basement with a hand pump) and the end of the month. While I want some rain, I'm sure hoping the triple-dip La Nina doesn't bring another November like last year...

NovRain.jpg

Last edited:

Shad

Life of the Party
My brother-in-law is in town to do a little salmon fishing around Grays Harbor. I was really hoping the rain would materialize as forecast, but it didn't. BIL lucked into what might have been the only coho in the river we were fishing yesterday (his first salmon), so he's satisfied, but I think we may want to shift to fishing the Sound for cutts or something, because there's not much happening above the tidewater, and until it rains, that probably won't change much...

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
I checked the WSU weather net and we did only get .32 last 24 hours in inland grays harbor. The big river is murky some, but that must be from some work upriver.

Low flows for sure

Shad

Life of the Party
Crazy, but maybe not as crazy as the nighttime temperatures. Nothing much below 50 in sight. Most years, we've at least had a few nights in the upper 30s by now. High pressure just refuses to go away....

Tired of shitty air and fishless (and closed) rivers....

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am sick if watering the damn plants.

The hanging baskets should be winding down....not going for a 4th bloom session.

At least the grass is brown.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Saw a forecast for the possible return of smoke again mid week.
SF