Prowlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you want less prowlers/homeless/addicts, society has to change and stop creating them.

View attachment 19615

Stealing is an individual decision and has little to do with society. When there's no accountability you indeed create the problem. Tolerating it creates it. Say no to stealing. Say yes to backhoes.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Don’t want ants, don’t leave the sugar on the counter…clean, rinse, repeat.

Ants go elsewhere…and take the associated habits with them. 😉

While I'm interested in society and it's workings most of my philosophies and understanding of behavioural psychology come from observing nature. In nature any particular animal species will take up residence where it can find a niche and exploit it. If it can exploit it to a net gain it will reproduce and multiply. Animals will not establish footholds in areas where there is no niche or uninviting. Like water they find the least resistant route. Thieves are simply taking advantage of a niche like a coyote would a chicken yard with no roost house or steward to defend it.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Stealing is an individual decision and has little to do with society. When there's no accountability you indeed create the problem. Tolerating it creates it. Say no to stealing. Say yes to backhoes.
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread."
Anatole France

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Stealing is an individual decision and has little to do with society. When there's no accountability you indeed create the problem. Tolerating it creates it.

If you elaborate on how you would improve accountability, I think you will inadvertently prove my point. I'd like you to have a try.

Every decision a person makes is theirs and no one else’s responsibility…

That is obviously true, but principles won't stop your windows from being broken; the real world demands pragmatism. The only alternative is to accept it. If you're not that bothered by it, I guess that is fine.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
You can't say no to stealing, it's a violations of others religious liberty. But you are right, behaviors you tolerate are behaviors you condone.

kmudgn

Steelhead
Obviously you are welcome to do whatever you want, but putting stickers on your car from high end fishing, or firearms manufacturers are just a "tear here to open" sign for thieves. Yes, the thieves are responsible for the crime, but why advertise.

creekx

not crate trained
Obviously you are welcome to do whatever you want, but putting stickers on your car from high end fishing, or firearms manufacturers are just a "tear here to open" sign for thieves. Yes, the thieves are responsible for the crime, but why advertise.
I never understood that either. I think its a "look at me" thing for the dude that has like one Winston rod, a Yeti mug and a Patagucci hat.

Saw a guide rig in Montana last week with one sticker on his canopy. It read, "Nothing in here is worth dying for." Loved it.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you elaborate on how you would improve accountability, I think you will inadvertently prove my point. I'd like you to have a try.

That is obviously true, but principles won't stop your windows from being broken; the real world demands pragmatism. The only alternative is to accept it. If you're not that bothered by it, I guess that is fine.

I'd make sure they had a real stern talk with a social worker. If that doesn't work ship them to Australia. Those guys got it all figured out.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Theft and thieves have been around since we first grabbed a rock or stick to whack someone else, so easy a cave man could figure it out!

The current problems are social problems, we let them, plain and simple, and until we uphold the laws that already exist, nothing will change.

Salmon_g, could I get that backhoe number please!

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Theft and thieves have been around since we first grabbed a rock or stick to whack someone else, so easy a cave man could figure it out!

The current problems are social problems, we let them, plain and simple, and until we uphold the laws that already exist, nothing will change.

Salmon_g, could I get that backhoe number please!

So passing more laws won't work?!

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I'd make sure they had a real stern talk with a social worker. If that doesn't work ship them to Australia. Those guys got it all figured out.

Well played. I am going to make my move, regardless of you not taking the bait. 😂

All solutions require money and the money has to come from somewhere. It most certainly will not come from the perpetrators themselves; it will mostly come from the rich. Thus, bringing down income inequality and proving my point.

Instead of spending money hiring police to provide accountability, that money could be put toward making it not happen in the first place. This is what countries that don't have these problems do. This country would do well to abandon pretenses of exceptionalism and be humble enough to look abroad.

Last edited:

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter

Jared, how did society create prowlers?

Status
Not open for further replies.