Prowlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Yes we need mental health prisons. Yes I worded it that way deliberately to convey what I really mean. Prisons.

We don't need to steal more money from our most productive people..
Yeah...that's a novel idea.
Because putting mentally ill people in prison and keeping them locked up because they're mentally ill is both free, humane and it's certainly not morally repugnant...or has been found to be unconstitutional.
JFC

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Seattle spends about a $100,000 per year for each homeless person.
SF

The Seattle homeless strategy was to hide the problem, not fix it. Low barrier housing was an insane idea. My apartment was opposite one. All it did was get people off 3rd avenue and into drug dens, in SLU. Worse, it brought in more homeless from other regions.

I'm obviously pretty damn progressive, but I'm glad Durkan is gone. I hold her administration responsible for destroying the city. I am optimistic about the new guy.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Yeah...that's a novel idea.
Because putting mentally ill people in prison and keeping them locked up because they're mentally ill is both free, humane and it's certainly not morally repugnant...or has been found to be unconstitutional.
JFC
Things may have changed over the last 25 years or so but I sat on a jury that weighed evidence and decided that a man needed to be involuntarily committed to a mental health facility for treatment. The man would only be released when he could demonstrate to the doctors that he was no longer a danger to himself and others

That was hard for me because as a young boy, my Mom, my brothers and I visited my Dad in the VA mental ward and will never forget the look in his eyes looking at us through the door from the ward to the visiting room when it was time for us to leave. After the decision was rendered, I went home, called Mom, and just bawled my eyes out. But it was necessary to get treatment for the man, and why I am adamant that mental health research and treatment needs to be of the highest priority and quality.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
The bar for involuntary confinement is pretty high, but for some it is the only way to insure their safety and the safety of others.
I've said many times that in this country we treat the aged, infirmed and mentally ill like sh!t and should be ashamed of that.
My view hasnt changed.

Chris M

Steelhead
This is my standard encouragement to please keep things civil when trying to talk about these kinds of topics. If people can't post without being dicks to each other, then this thread can go to the trash can.

Nobody here is your enemy. Just because someone doesn't see things your way doesn't mean that they don't care or condone whatever abhorrent behavior is being discussed. This isn't a battleground with a war to be won. There are no extra harps in heaven for internet warriors. This is just a fishing forum for people to connect with each other about tossing flies and the life that comes with it. There are many many other places on the internet you can go to make enemies and OWN THE LIBS/TRUMPERS. Our little corner here at PNWFF doesn't need to be one of them.

And remember, nobody's mind was ever changed by internet shouting and insults. Not once.

Good luck with that.
Trash can it. This has no place on a fly fishing forum. I stupidly started reading it and will stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.