October Fly tying contest ~ 4" Minimum.... Wet or dry, hard or soft!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Ok, this is my official entry. Right at 10". I also counter-balanced this one to give it more of a glide bait action rather than a basic jerk. Also with that, if you let it stall out on the pause, it will gradually right itself before the nose starts dipping down. I really wish I could show you how this thing swims....

1000010631.jpg
1000010630.jpg

🍻

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Ok, this is my official entry. Right at 10". I also counter-balanced this one to give it more of a glide bait action rather than a basic jerk. Also with that, if you let it stall out on the pause, it will gradually right itself before the nose starts dipping down. I really wish I could show you how this thing swims....

View attachment 85678
View attachment 85679

🍻
Nice!

Your name came up last night. The boys and I were watching some show on Fishing TV and the bait they were using was 18".

"Wow", O said, "that's almost as big as one of Randy's flies."

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter

View attachment 85678
View attachment 85679

🍻
Hot damn man!
Ever do one that's 🔥 🐅?

Ps, my phone auto corrected fire tiger to the pictures. I'm just gonna roll with it.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Nice!

Your name came up last night. The boys and I were watching some show on Fishing TV and the bait they were using was 18".

"Wow", O said, "that's almost as big as one of Randy's flies."
Cats outta the bag now… 😳😂

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846

View attachment 85678
View attachment 85679

🍻
That’s what most of us get when we clean the tying desk off…
Clarkman does this on purpose. 😁

G_Smolt

Legend
Apropos for Fall, because that's when meat rules...

My "Doug E. Flesh" platform, all 4.75" of it, at rest and at work.
This platform started life as my "HappyMeal" pattern in the late aughts, and has continued to evolve in the form of both intentional and accidental tweaks. It is the first fly I reach for when it is time to throw meat on spraystring for big trout, and has accounted for a disproportionately large number of 30"+ fish in the past 6 years.
20231018_132639.jpg

Peace, y'all

Last edited: