October Fly tying contest ~ 4" Minimum.... Wet or dry, hard or soft!

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
That said, @mcswny , I hate casting larger game changers. They all work. and work damn well!
oh these are stupid east to cast. Could easily cast with a 6wt, maybe even a 5. A version of the white was my absolute best bully fly this summer. They wanted “small”.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
That said, @mcswny , I hate casting larger game changers. They all work. and work damn well!
My wife and I stopped at that "M" lake yesterday for a break on the six hour drive home; I looked for a Prius and your Commander thinking it would be fun to say hello.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
My wife and I stopped at that "M" lake yesterday for a break on the six hour drive home; I looked for a Prius and your Commander thinking it would be fun to say hello.
Sadly I'm a weekend warrior these days ....

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What are we targeting friggin whales!?

I have never tied a 4"+ fly, some of my winter steelhead patterns are close. This will be an interesting leap from the comfort zone.

Not quite, but I did have a pair of Pacific White-Sided Dolphin, very closely inspect another squid fly on Wednesday. Thankfully, dolphin seem to be smarter than the Northern Fur Seals that sometimes hang out on the albacore grounds.

Divad

Whitefish
Just so happens I have a 6" Squid I tied in camp Thurs. Looking slightly worse for wear after fooling 6 tuna yesterday.

View attachment 84966
How are you glueing the eyes to the hair like that, is it a pre glued piece tied in? I’d think it would make a clump but seems still flowy around the eye. Dig the pattern by the way 🤘 even cooler that you tied it while at camp.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How are you glueing the eyes to the hair like that, is it a pre glued piece tied in? I’d think it would make a clump but seems still flowy around the eye. Dig the pattern by the way 🤘 even cooler that you tied it while at camp.