NW Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo - March 8-9 in Albany, OR - We will be there!

WonkyWapiti

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I had a great time at the show. I stopped by the booth on Friday morning and picked up a beanie and just renewed my monthly membership. I attended a couple of seminars between both days and went to the banquet on Friday night. I love this show and can't believe it's already another year away.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've enjoyed going to these shows for years, way back when they were in Eugene. I've learned new patterns and methods at all of them and met a lot of fine folks along the way. I sat with a lot of tyers yesterday hoping to meet some of the other forum members but no luck, but I did have a nice visit with Evan at the booth. I try to tie flies that will hopefully catch fish and when I see a result that's not perfect I say to myself " the fish won't care or even notice" . At this show I was extremely impressed by how meticulous some of these tyers are and now I know I 'll be more attentive to precise detail. My single edge razor blade will get more use But that's why I go to these shows. They're just so damn much good fun.

Bob N

Steelhead
I had several young tyers stop by and ask good questions. I also had an “older” lady that claimed she couldn’t learn how to tie because she was old and her hands hurt. I expect to see her next year showing some flies.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I had several young tyers stop by and ask good questions. I also had an “older” lady that claimed she couldn’t learn how to tie because she was old and her hands hurt. I expect to see her next year showing some flies.
srsly! you do good stuff! great to chat with you for a bit!