NW Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo - March 8-9 in Albany, OR - We will be there!

stevesaville

Smolt
Forum Supporter
There has already been a thread or two, but wanted to make an official post about our attendance.

I will personally be at the Expo with a PNW Fly Fishing Forum booth. Going to be there to try and spread the word about what we're doing here in hopes to bring more in to our community.

Anyone attending, please stop by and say "Hi!" You can grab some stickers or any other shwag we may have laying around. Could even help us pass out stickers and flyers :D

Official website: https://www.nwexpo.com/

View attachment 103115
I'll be there and will stop by.

NWFFO

Just Hatched
Our team will be there with four of our guides tying and one presenting. Tyers from NWFFO will be Eric Leininger, Colby Olson, Spencer Pelham, and Gabe Golobay with Spencer doing a talk on the Clackamas River Spey fishing. As there are always plenty of trout and steelhead flies being tied at this event, our team will mostly be focused on tying flies for warmwater species of smallies, carp, and tiger muskie.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I could use another year of practice…😉
It’ll be fun and I’ll give it my best efforts.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I could use another year of practice…😉
It’ll be fun and I’ll give it my best efforts.
naw, I've seen your stuff....you don't need any practice!

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ll be heading West on Weds for the Expo. Hopefully, we make it in between storms. Will be tying on Friday for two sessions.
1. 11:45-2:15, table #15 - Variations on the Gartside Soft-Hackle Streamer
2. 2:45 - 5;00, table #56 - Variations on the Myakka Minnow
Will also be staying for banquet and auction. See you all there.

Bob N

Steelhead
Heading west tomorrow, tying middle session both days. Been at the show every year and tying all but two, thanks to Alec Jackson. It’s a long ways from Spokompton.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'm tying as many tiger musky flies as I can during both sessions...hope to see some familiar faces.
Friday: 9-11:30, table 27
Saturday: 2:30-5, table 29

Still TBD if I'll stay overnight down there. leaning not.

Bob N

Steelhead
I'm tying as many tiger musky flies as I can during both sessions...hope to see some familiar faces.
Friday: 9-11:30, table 27
Saturday: 2:30-5, table 29

Still TBD if I'll stay overnight down there. leaning not.
Good scheduling, I can watch you both times !

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Show starts at 9 tomorrow! So I'll probably rollin in at around 8:59, give or take.
Fashionably Late

Hair, nails, dress all done up…you’ll look ma’velous da’ling.

The paparazzi await your grand entrance.😉

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
All right, got all my fly tying stuff packed up. Sure hope I didn't forget anything cause I dunno if I'll be able to find anything fly tying related!
I’ll probably have some extra Firehole Predator hooks if you need them.:p

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I’ll probably have some extra Firehole Predator hooks if you need them.:p
one thing I just put in were hooks! Although, I do seem to be out of Ahrex TP light 4/0...just gonna improvise I suppose....lol

It's like going on a fishing trip, "can I still do this even if missing a thing or two?" reel? no....rod? no....4x tippet? of course!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
All right, got all my fly tying stuff packed up. Sure hope I didn't forget anything cause I dunno if I'll be able to find anything fly tying related!
You’re way ahead of me…
Time is getting away from me.