NW Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo - March 8-9 in Albany, OR - We will be there!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
There has already been a thread or two, but wanted to make an official post about our attendance.

I will personally be at the Expo with a PNW Fly Fishing Forum booth. Going to be there to try and spread the word about what we're doing here in hopes to bring more in to our community.

Anyone attending, please stop by and say "Hi!" You can grab some stickers or any other shwag we may have laying around. Could even help us pass out stickers and flyers :D

Official website: https://www.nwexpo.com/

Sponsored by...
The Oregon Council of Fly Fishers International, Inc.

The inaugural Northwest Fly Tyer Expo took place in Eugene, Oregon in 1989 with the aim of bringing together fly fishing enthusiasts and fly tyers to craft lifelike imitations of fish's natural food sources using materials like feathers, fur, and thread, and to exchange valuable knowledge. Due to its increasing popularity, the event outgrew its original venue and had to be relocated to a larger facility. In 2007, the expo found its new home at the Linn County Expo Center in Albany, Oregon, and also expanded to include a dedicated fly fishing education component.

Fifteen Northwest Expos later (minus two years due to Covid), the event has expanded to encompass a significant portion of the western region. Exhibitors now not only sell products but also educate attendees on how to support the fly fishing industry. The event has evolved to include Fly Tying, Fly Fishing, Casting, Youth Participation, and Conservation Education as integral components.

The NW Expo offers a comprehensive experience for anyone interested in fly fishing. This event provides a social, educational, and networking platform for families, youth, and individuals keen on learning about this distinctive sport.
1707749911118.png

Last edited:

Zoran

Steelhead
Do you have a time to walk around and make report for us about something you liked it (fly or program or gear or something). To be our insider ... :)

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I would have loved to have gone...unfortunately I will be traveling on the 8th, getting back home to WA on the 9th

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Dang, you got a similar schedule as I did! glad you're tying again there!
I’ll save a fly or two for ya.
Have two others, that I swap a fly with fellow tyers at the expo.

Ps: I’m sure we can place our “gone fishin’…” signs up, to stretch our legs a bit and visit others. 😉

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Not bad for the first practice out of the gates (in five years…I think I’ll be ok). Bead, sewing thread body, colored organza ribbon collar. That green body is money, early season, on my local thin blue line. One thing I did notice, my eyesight has changed…I have to tie farther away from my hands.
2C47D73D-FB76-4C9C-8DD7-68F1119BA99D.jpeg

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Cool, I was thinking of driving down after school drop off on Friday. Not going to the banquet though. Will just be down for the day.
Right on. I’m bringing Ollie too. Thought it would be fun to do the whole experience

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’ll save a fly or two for ya.
Have two others, that I swap a fly with fellow tyers at the expo.

Ps: I’m sure we can place our “gone fishin’…” signs up, to stretch our legs a bit and visit others. 😉
Will you tyers be rockin' a PNWFF cow-bucker or some kinda sticker? How will we find you?

Maybe we need a secret gang sign