NFR 2021-2022 Ski Thread - Let it Snow

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Biggest storm of the season starting up tonight. Could see 1-2’ over the next few days.
No doubt, 30"-50" expected by Friday around here. That should put us over our seasonal average snowfall. More melt water for the fish is always a good thing.

I'm glad we're going to the 7th. It would be a shame to stop now, with fantastic coverage and corn season just kicking off.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wrapping up a two week ski trip to Norway. No sea trout were harmed but countless snowflakes were smashed to pieces under our skis. Here are some shots from the professional photographer that I was traveling with. My amateur shots will follow at some point.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Some of my favorites. If anyone wants to take a peek at the trip as it happened, I left the stories up on my page.

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Snowing in the Sierras. Not like you all are forecasted but maybe three feet by end of week. This was the wierdest winter in my over 2 decades here. Got hammered around the holidays and then nothing nothing nothing. Also it was cold -we are at 95 percent for snow but 40 percent for water contrent.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Amazing day. Might be better tomorrow.

In HR, snow fell down to the Columbia, less than 100' above sea level.

Interesting drive up this morning. I saw more vehicles in the ditch than the rest of the season combined. It looked like everyone took off their snow tires and didn't account for the traction change.

Most seasons I keep my studless on through April. Glad I had them today.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Awesome storm. Ended up with about a foot mid mountain so headed down to Big Sky for some late season turns.

The drive down never gets old.

DSC_8968.jpg

Started on the lower mtn. Skiing was nice.

DSC_8995.jpg

Then moved to mid mtn. It was even better.

DSC_9394.jpg

Then went for a hike into the alpine and had one of the best runs of the year.

DSC_9455.jpg

Mid April and the stoke is high. Killer.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Awesome storm. Ended up with about a foot mid mountain so headed down to Big Sky for some late season turns.

The drive down never gets old.

DSC_8968.jpg

Started on the lower mtn. Skiing was nice.

DSC_8995.jpg

Then moved to mid mtn. It was even better.

DSC_9394.jpg

Then went for a hike into the alpine and had one of the best runs of the year.

DSC_9455.jpg

Mid April and the stoke is high. Killer.
Looks awesome!

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I skiied the heaviest 15” of mung I have ever skiied today. And I am no stranger to Sierra Cement. Glad you all are gettin some!

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Had a fun day today. Sugar Bowl was closing and they had thier pond skim. And it snowed a lot yesterday. Windbuff on top, a little heavy pow and spring corn on south facing. Maybe a day at Palisades and a coupme of ski tours, otherwise it is winding down.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yesterday gave us a solid "Top 3" run of the season! So amazingly unexpectedly shockingly good we did it again and our minds were equally blown the second time.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Last weekend of the season coming up. Hoping weather gives us one more spring day up there.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Last weekend of the season coming up. Hoping weather gives us one more spring day up there.
Friday's looking like the best day of the weekend. After yesterday though... the mic could drop right now and I wouldn't care.