NFR 2021-2022 Ski Thread - Let it Snow

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thank you sir. It was a good day, not sure why it took so long to start skiing again… Now we have an outdoor activity that we like doing together.
My wife and i both ‘came out of retirement’ and did a 1k nordic sprint heat against each other as a part of the local nordic center’s end of year sprint races. She smoked me per the usual and used dirty nascar tactics to keep me from passing. We were both hacking and wheezing the rest of the day from the effort. In nordic those hard efforts altho short hurt more than the distance. But it is something we like doing together too!

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
My wife and i both ‘came out of retirement’ and did a 1k nordic sprint heat against each other as a part of the local nordic center’s end of year sprint races. She smoked me per the usual and used dirty nascar tactics to keep me from passing. We were both hacking and wheezing the rest of the day from the effort. In nordic those hard efforts altho short hurt more than the distance. But it is something we like doing together too!
That’s awesome! My wife and I have been together for 23 years and celebrated our 20th anniversary yesterday. We both grew up skiing but had never skied together. I’m stoked the wife and my daughters are way into skiing! It was worth the small fortune to outfit the entire family. Now it gives us a reason to go! Plus the wife seemed to enjoy playing hooky from work to go skiing. I’m seeing more of that to come.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Tried to view this but kept re-routing to general feed.
Huh. The link takes me directly to the story. I tried to upload a one second video directly here but it got kicked out as "invalid file". Oh well. If people want to see photos and videos of the next two weeks in Narvik and Lofoten they know where to look.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Today was a gorgeous day in the Narvik region. Once again, we passed many many kms of epic looking sea trout habitat on the way to and from our objective and even saw a few fly fisherfolk testing the waters. I kind of wish I had brought some gear with me.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Adam, that is pretty sweet. Nice work.

Forecast is calling for a few inches this afternoon so probably will head back up tomorrow. I'm not quite ready to put the skis away.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
Spring break! The girls and I are heading to Meadows at MT Hood for 3 days. Forecast looks like snow for a few days. I’m stoked!

Last edited:

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Tons of new snow. Lifts shut down due to wind today. Quite the Spring storm.

Tomorrow could be interesting. Will it be epic wind buff and pow in the leeward areas, or wind slab everywhere that isn't scoured to ice or dirt?

Hmmmm... what to do.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
Made it up for first chair this morning. It was a waiting game. They had a delayed opening and We were able to get 4 runs in, then they closed the mountain. White out with close to 60mph winds. Hope we can get out and try it again tomorrow!
95462995-EA8A-47AB-B9D9-B6E0B4B3A37F.png25B5A399-71EC-4128-ACF9-15E6801A988D.jpeg35574308-7267-4DD7-8464-4F9348B675F9.jpeg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Speaking of wind, we are under a wind warning through tomorrow night. 50 mph with gusts up to 75 mph. Supposed to get snow tonight but tomorrow will not be a comfortable day in the mtns.

Might hold off and then head up Wednesday.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Been cruising around Lofoten for a few days but today in Trollfjord was something else. Check my story on IG for the video with soundtrack, but the photo in this post is probably my favorite from the day.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
I haven't been skiing for 30 years. Sort of traded the skis in for fly rods.