DSC_6015.jpg

DSC_8195.jpg

DSC_0937(1).jpg

DSC_5850.jpg

DSC_6495.jpg

DSC_6831.jpg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Pick back up to today. Met up with a few friends at Big Sky who were visiting from out of town. Conditions are pretty thin for this time of year but we still managed to find some decent snow.

My buddy's wife got him a fart bag for Christmas. I think it is called the Corduroy Cowboy.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

DSC_7574.jpg

DSC_7737.jpg

HOG

GOTY’s mum’s favorite ghillie
Damn. These photos make pushing all this ice around slightly better.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I took my 3.5 year old up to the mountain for the first time last weekend and let me tell you
SHE GETS IT. She had 0 fear, she has the balance. The drive. She's f'in pumped to be out there.
If I knew how, I'd post a sweet video of her doing a killer scorpion and then ask for more

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Pick back up to today. Met up with a few friends at Big Sky who were visiting from out of town. Conditions are pretty thin for this time of year but we still managed to find some decent snow.

My buddy's wife got him a fart bag for Christmas. I think it is called the Corduroy Cowboy.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

DSC_7574.jpg

DSC_7737.jpg
Do they put the yellow on there to make it easier to find the body?

swimmy

I have to go to Salt Lake for a few days. Of course it snows. Both Bridger and Big Sky picked up a few inches.

Skiing Snowbasin Thursday for the first time though so that should be fun.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Love Hemispheres, truly fun terrain with some very steep pitches in there!
The Hemispheres at Baker? I’ve watched some dudes take some pretty insane lines coming down that area. The section to the right as you’re looking at them from I guess what is the Canyon (it’s been awhile) is just crazy.
Tracks then nothing for yards and yards and then the tracks again .
STEEP!!

mtskibum16

Life of the Party
Man this season has been a total bust for me so far. Missed a couple decent days in Bozeman when I was there. Meanwhile the cascades were getting like 10 feet of snow. Ever since that epic New Years storm cycle it's been pretty bare here. My buddies caught a sneaker good pow day yesterday while I was at work. SMH 😭

swimmy

Man this season has been a total bust for me so far. Missed a couple decent days in Bozeman when I was there. Meanwhile the cascades were getting like 10 feet of snow. Ever since that epic New Years storm cycle it's been pretty bare here. My buddies caught a sneaker good pow day yesterday while I was at work. SMH 😭

Dan, hit me up next time you are around. Would love to get out for a few laps.

mtskibum16

Life of the Party
Dan, hit me up next time you are around. Would love to get out for a few laps.
Yeah will do. Conditions and schedule finally lined up for my last day there, and all my planned ski buds bailed so I never even got out while there! I drove over Thursday 12/23, but after a long ass snowy drive with a toddler from Seattle to Bozeman, I missed the wake up text to go skiing Friday. Ended up being the best snow day of our trip, then the snow stopped and temps plummeted.

Won't be back this winter, but we spend a week or two there each year around Christmas and New Years.

swimmy

Love the 'basin!

Yeah, really impressed with that mtn. We had a big group with all levels of experience so we didn't venture too far off the groomers. Looked like a few steeps but there was a LOT of what I'd consider "playful" terrain. And the lodges are first class compared to what I'm used to at Bridger/Big Sky.

Super fun day though.

DSC_8897.jpg

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
Swimmy, how were the crowds at the Basin now that it's connected to the Epic Pass? Only skied there back in 2009 and it was deserted. Checking to see how the Evil Empire has changed it.