NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Well, one thing he won't be doing is advising the new coach on the team's single dimension running play that goes straight up the middle into three tacklers.
I can think of one team that would work nicely against 😉
49db4a5fa3a62b651859868e30919a90

Last edited:

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Schneider said he has been evaluating potential head coaches for the last few months in case Pete Carroll retired …… 😉 yeah right? ….so was this in the works all along? Solid 14 years. Thank you for making December football meaningful for hawk fans. 🏈

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pretty complimentary article from the Niners beat writer, and I agree with all of it:

He also stole a lot of games from my Cal Bears, including perhaps a national title. But that would have been with Aahole Rodgers at QB so I guess 2 wrongs make a right.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Pete is under contract to 2025. They pay him either way as I recall, so keeping him around at least till his contract is up doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Lifetime football guy who still has a lot to offer a franchise.
It’s insane coaches contracts are guaranteed, yet only Deshaun Watsons is

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pretty complimentary article from the Niners beat writer, and I agree with all of it:

He also stole a lot of games from my Cal Bears, including perhaps a national title. But that would have been with Aahole Rodgers at QB so I guess 2 wrongs make a right.
Yeah he had a sour and smug attitude back then. They thrashed the huskies one year and his post game press piece revealed who he was. In a nutshell he said huskies suck and no major deal beating uw, instead of speaking up his receivers and team and the effort they put into win the game…. There is a guide or formula you use when dealing with the press after a win or loss… you can venture a bit but when you start calling another team basically shitty that demonstrates your quality as a player and person and sometimes it will come back to bite you…

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yeah he had a sour and smug attitude back then. They thrashed the huskies one year and his post game press piece revealed who he was. In a nutshell he said huskies suck and no major deal beating uw, instead of speaking up his receivers and team and the effort they put into win the game…. There is a guide or formula you use when dealing with the press after a win or loss… you can venture a bit but when you start calling another team basically shitty that demonstrates your quality as a player and person and sometimes it will come back to bite you…

Especially when you lose a lot of those wins because you were paying players....

Divad

Whitefish
I hope the new coach can put these db’s in check. I’m all for playing with some swagger if it gets the job done but the level of arrogance and attitude in Woolen, Adams, Witherspoon etc killed the chemistry. From other player interviews it sounds like they didn’t buy into Pete’s plan.

DK grew up the last few games in this regard but watching those backs it was apparent they did not.

JudyM

Steelhead
Well, no case of gum for Pete. He had a really good run as HC with the Seahawks. From someone who looked Dave Kreig in the eye during 1988.
I even heard Chippy (Chip Kelly) is out at the college level.

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pete was entertaining and inspirational for years but the calendar catches up with all of us. Sports in particular is bound by the axiom: "What have you done for me lately?" Despite the successes in the glory years, in the past 3 years the 'Hawks are sub-.500. That is Mariners territory.

Reactions: RCF