NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Harbaugh definitely wore out his welcome at SF. At basically every level too. Players got tired of the corny act, management got tired of his antics. He went back to the college level for a reason.
I've heard it was more that he was tired of upper management trying to meddle in his coaching and whatnot. Dude was in the middle of making a dominant team and was fighting with Baalke over stupid shit it sounds like.

Hell, Even with Pete Carroll, probably one of the most likeable coaches in the NFL, it's really started to seem like players aren't buying in to his thing much these days either. So, it's something that's just gonna happen when egos are involved.

Harbaugh would be my first choice. in a distant 2nd, I'd kinda like to see what Ben Johnson could do. Pretty "meh" on rolling the dice on Quinn.

Pete and Russ go to Carolina and the Panthers win the Super Bowl, guaranteed!

Wait. What?

No, I don't think I'm crazy. How could you suggest such a thing?

Oh.😉

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
I'd be fully on board with Harbaugh. He's a weird dude, but players like playing for him and he wins everywhere he goes. That's two very important traits.
According to Brock Huard, he's a changed man, all his players love playing for him.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Sad to see BB leave NE. Looks like Mayo or Vrabel to replace him. I like both choices. Mayo could keep an excellent defense together.

PC and BB are both moving on. It's a day for Pats fans to reflect on a succesful era. This is something that Jets fans do not get to do.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
It’s a copy cat league. Two of shannahans coordinators are already head coaches with Wilkes interviewing for jobs this week.

I wish there was a ban on interviewing until after the Super Bowl, so as to not distract coaches from getting their teams ready for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
It’s a copy cat league. Two of shannahans coordinators are already head coaches with Wilkes interviewing for jobs this week

Hopefully they get turned around under new ownership because they were pathetic under Snyder.
They enlisted the ex GM of the Warriors to help in their search. The Bay Area connections probably helped them in their search.
SF

Bass-O-Matic

Life of the Party
>>> It will be dangerously cold Saturday when the Kansas City Chiefs battle the Miami Dolphins at 8 p.m. in Kansas City. The National Weather Service in Kansas City said the temperature could struggle to rise above zero degrees, and wind chill could hit -10 to as much as -35 degrees.

This is concerning. Your beer could freeze before you back to your seat :eek:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Per Jimmy Kimmel, "I am really going to miss the way Bill Belichick's smile lit up a room."
For years I haven't been able to see Belichick's glowering face on TV without thinking of Joe Btfsplk-the perpetually gloomy 'Lil Abner character with the cloud over his head.

Despite all of his successes he still managed to look like the poster boy for an anti-depressant ad.