Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Cincinnati Reds
Red Sox
White Sox
St Louis Blues
Syracuse Orange
We were talking about Cleveland. I am aware of other teams using a color in their name. I'm not completely dumb.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
In 3 years his contract will be deemed reasonable by somebody and the Donkeys will trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick...if they don't just release him outright.
:)

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Looking at some stats on ESPN...
QBR

Ciaras old man is 16th
Geno is 10th

Completion %
Geno is 1st
Ciaras old man is 26th

Just 2 of 246 million reasons why he is not here.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Looking at some stats on ESPN...
QBR

Ciaras old man is 16th
Geno is 10th

Completion %
Geno is 1st
Ciaras old man is 26th

Just 2 of 246 million reasons why he is not here.
Eh, but Geno does have the lowest average yards per pass. That's mostly because of the playcalling though. If they open up the playbook like Pete says they will, hopefully he can keep up those completion percentages with some actual yardage.

And that beautiful pass to Metcalf that got called back last game definitely hurt the average.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Geno is what he is and so is the playbook.

What Geno isn't is 246 million f'n dollars.

I am not really that much of a stats junkie cuz I dont think they tell the whole story...
But Ciaras old man is right in the middle of the pack overall, about where a 30 some year old QB who got sacked a bunch and did a bit of running early in his career would be expected to be.
:)

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Broncos fans were so high on RW this summer it was bound to be rough going at first. I think they will be much better after a few more games.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
There were mllions of reasons to get rid of Wilson...

Number 246,000,000 will shock you !!!

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Hey Seattle, you got a deal.

tyler

Steelhead
Excerpt from The Guardian article about RW3 and the Broncos...

The plan: to hire a coach who cannot count; to trade a boatload of draft picks and players for an aging, “mobile” quarterback who looks increasingly immobile; to hand that quarterback a five-year, $245m contract with $165m guaranteed at signing; to hire a series of coordinators who’ve never coordinated units or called plays before; to sell one of the league’s most prestigious franchises to an owner who doesn’t know the name of the commissioner.

Full article here: Russell Wilson’s Broncos career is dangerously close to a comedy skit

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Excerpt from The Guardian article about RW3 and the Broncos...

The plan: to hire a coach who cannot count; to trade a boatload of draft picks and players for an aging, “mobile” quarterback who looks increasingly immobile; to hand that quarterback a five-year, $245m contract with $165m guaranteed at signing; to hire a series of coordinators who’ve never coordinated units or called plays before; to sell one of the league’s most prestigious franchises to an owner who doesn’t know the name of the commissioner.

Full article here: Russell Wilson’s Broncos career is dangerously close to a comedy skit
Uh… wow!

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I believe The Cardinal is in reference to a color and not the bird.... or a religion.

Yes, I know the Brown's are names after their creator but that is still no excuse for boring uniforms (I've obviously lived too close to Eugene for too long).

Cardinal is a tree if referencing Stanford University.

Status
Not open for further replies.