Not open for further replies.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I got the NFL season pass for free this season so I am not locked in to network selections of boring games. Today's gem was Miami coming from being down 35-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter to beat the Ravens 42-38. The much maligned Tua put up 6 touchdowns!
Yeah. Sounds like that was the game of the day. Amazing! My late grandma would have been ecstatic.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I opted for fruitless mushroom hunting over today's Hawks game. Looks like I made the right call. Sounded like Garoppolo made his whole day underthrowing receivers and getting the inexperienced Hawks corners to commit PI penalties. Haven't heard anything about the Hawks offense, but the score would seem to indicate there was very little success on that side of the ball.

Meanwhile the Rams had a skin-of-their teeth win, and it looks like the Cardinals are about to pull off a huge comeback. What a difference a week makes....
The offense hardly had any chances. The defense couldn't get off the field. Lots of PI, and other "automatic first down" penalties at crucial times. There was a beautiful bomb down the field to Metcalf that got called back for an ineligible man down field penalty... Just lots of stuff like that. I'm still enjoying football and watching the hawks. Came in to the season without much expectation for wins. If a win isn't important for you to enjoy it, then there's still plenty to watch.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Yer a hater...who is gettin' his hate on.

Bengals let ya down...
;)

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The offense hardly had any chances. The defense couldn't get off the field. Lots of PI, and other "automatic first down" penalties at crucial times. There was a beautiful bomb down the field to Metcalf that got called back for an ineligible man down field penalty... Just lots of stuff like that. I'm still enjoying football and watching the hawks. Came in to the season without much expectation for wins. If a win isn't important for you to enjoy it, then there's still plenty to watch.

I'm with you Evan. Had zero expectations for the Hawks this year. Looking for good plays from (hopeful) future players. Enjoying watching football for what it is. Will always be a Hawks fan, and there will be down years here and there. Hopefully a QB pick (or trade) is in our future, and we can start to build something again.

On a brighter note (and I know there is a college football thread) the Cougs look good so far this year. So do the Huskies. Should be a meaningful Apple Cup!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'm with you Evan. Had zero expectations for the Hawks this year. Looking for good plays from (hopeful) future players. Enjoying watching football for what it is. Will always be a Hawks fan, and there will be down years here and there. Hopefully a QB pick (or trade) is in our future, and we can start to build something again.

On a brighter note (and I know there is a college football thread) the Cougs look good so far this year. So do the Huskies. Should be a meaningful Apple Cup!
Right now, a QB isn't going to fix the issues we're seeing. Geno isn't perfect, but he's been one of the better players out on the field for the Hawks. The young guys just really, really need to clean up their penalties, and defense needs to stop missing tackles.

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Right now, a QB isn't going to fix the issues we're seeing. Geno isn't perfect, but he's been one of the better players out on the field for the Hawks. The young guys just really, really need to clean up their penalties, and defense needs to stop missing tackles.

I agree, but at the same time we need to put up some points on offense. I feel like the play calling is avoiding Geno throwing for first downs, taking the deep shot, etc. The penalties were not great, but really the D didn't play that bad. If you can't move the ball on O, then the D is constantly on the field without a break. They get tired, make mistakes (i.e. penalties). 3 turnovers, 1 basically giving them the ball in the red zone (the muffed punt)...the offense did absolutely nothing. His completion % is high, but we need first downs. That game would be hard to win with a great offense, but we need to be at least able yo drive the ball for a bit and give the D a break. IMO, of course.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
You mean like the Raiders…
and Broncos....another 13 for 100yds today...

kinda glad I couldn't watch the game....but we did get the W.

That Raiders game has gotta hurt though. Cards were done....then not.

I'm not too worried about Russ, but damn our discipline is horrendous.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
... And, the Chiefs are atop the division at 2-0!!!

Tough stretch coming up though.

Go Chiefs.

cheers

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
The offense hasn't scored any points in a game and a half. The coach should be looking at D. Lock for a replacement over G Smith. I would start somebody else over Smith. He just can't move the ball. If they are going to just play Smith I can see the stands getting emptier.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Hawks need to suck badly (wait….they already do) this season and select Young or Stroud in the upcoming draft.
SF

Status
Not open for further replies.