NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
You are starting to see some of the Stanford, Wisconsin, NDSU schemes working their way into the NFL now as well...using 2 or even 3 TE's at the same time. The position is finally cool again so you're going to see more big athletic dudes wanting to play it.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
All of the above TE's mentioned are a nightmare for any DC. A really good TE (exceptional blocker and receiver) puts more stress on a defense than almost any other position. A TE lined up in his traditional position (end man on the line of scrimmage) creates an additional run gap that has to be defended so that forces the run strength to his side. A TE is a better physical matchup (better than an OL) for run blocking defensive ends as they are, often times, mirror images athletically.

If that same dude is a threat in the passing game, then he's a matchup nightmare because anybody athletic enough to run with him is likely a smaller secondary type of body. Anybody big enough to matchup with him probably isn't fast enough to run with him. A good TE is an invaluable weapon!
Kelce proved all that last night .

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
All of the above TE's mentioned are a nightmare for any DC. A really good TE (exceptional blocker and receiver) puts more stress on a defense than almost any other position. A TE lined up in his traditional position (end man on the line of scrimmage) creates an additional run gap that has to be defended so that forces the run strength to his side. A TE is a better physical matchup (better than an OL) for run blocking defensive ends as they are, often times, mirror images athletically.

If that same dude is a threat in the passing game, then he's a matchup nightmare because anybody athletic enough to run with him is likely a smaller secondary type of body. Anybody big enough to matchup with him probably isn't fast enough to run with him. A good TE is an invaluable weapon!
Agree totally…it wasn’t that long ago when the Patriots had two excellent tight ends (one ended his life while in prison) that would line up simultaneously…that completely changed the offense scheme…

Xoxo

Well looks like im going to costco again today. Everytime i think im out they just keep pulling me back in.
Daniel,…. I know! I want to get some more!

They work on a remote , came with doubleA batteries and cost less than $25. I can also turn them into Xmas colors. Normally I keep them on warm white. The wicks glow too!

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
If you guys want to sound "cool" or nerdy depending on how you view it, the next time you are watching a game with your buddies and you see 2 TE's in the game with 1 running back you can say, " I see they have gone to their 12 personnel package." 🤣

The first number in a personnel package refers to the number of RB's and the second number refers to the TE's in the game. So, one back and no TE's would be 10 personnel...2 backs and 1 TE would be 21 personnel...2 backs and not TE is 20 personnel...you get the idea. No backs and no TE's is empty.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
There are some freakish athletes that play TE. Basically big wide receivers.
Kyle Pitts from Atlanta comes to mind. I personally think he is way under utilized and should be getting a lot more targets and be in the end zone way more often then he is.
SF

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
If you guys want to sound "cool" or nerdy depending on how you view it, the next time you are watching a game with your buddies and you see 2 TE's in the game with 1 running back you can say, " I see they have gone to their 12 personnel package." 🤣

The first number in a personnel package refers to the number of RB's and the second number refers to the TE's in the game. So, one back and no TE's would be 10 personnel...2 backs and 1 TE would be 21 personnel...2 backs and not TE is 20 personnel...you get the idea. No backs and no TE's is empty.
I used to remember it being referred to as the Jumbo Package…which in the old days signaled a run…but that’s no longer true today…

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Hoping the Cards get well tonight and beat the 9rs...but may be too much to ask after the Donkey loss yesterday.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
This seems to be a very popular, but false narrative:

"Heading into Sunday's win over the Carolina Panthers, Kelce's name was atop the leaderboards in several other statistical categories. He led all tight ends with at least 200 snaps played in Pro Football Focus' grades for run blocking (79.5), receiving (89.6), and overall offense (90.3), putting up better grades than he ever has. His level of play isn't just elite — it's all-time great."

"It was particularly difficult this week to not notice how aggressive Kelce was in hunting out blocks to open up teammates for open-field opportunities. This especially applies given the popular narrative that he isn’t much of a blocker."

"Make no mistake: Kelce still does plenty of down-in-the-dirt blocking, the stuff often overlooked and underappreciated,"

NFL Network analyst says Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce's best skill might be blocking. By Pete Grathoff.

"Kelce’s blocking has always been vastly underrated and that seems to be showing up again here. Last season, Kittle did oust Kelce as a pass-blocker, but Kelce’s run-blocking grades were far superior."

Do we need more? I will provide if you want

Cheers
Obviously none of those know- it-all experts consulted with Mr. Sullivan.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Need the 9rs to lose a divison game...and I never count on a win, but I have been known to read with great satisfaction regarding another teams loss.
;)

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Peter King mentioned Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders for Carr and a third round selection this off-season.
The Packers are eventually going to have to cut bait and get out from under his contract regardless of the dead money cap hit.
I don’t think Love is the answer for them as well.
SF

Mossback

Forum Supporter
They need to move on from Rodgers, but to who ?

Carson Wentz... ?
Seems like he's the placeholder guy.
Love isn't going to be the answer is my guess.
;)

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Peter King mentioned Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders for Carr and a third round selection this off-season.
The Packers are eventually going to have to cut bait and get out from under his contract regardless of the dead money cap hit.
I don’t think Love is the answer for them as well.
SF
I’d take that…Rodgers/Adams reunion?…sure

Status
Not open for further replies.