NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Looks like the rams figured that out on third down the quickest way to get the ball back to the offense is to throw a pick six. Why didn't anyone else think of that?

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Is everybody in the league seemingly .500? If not, everyone will be 3-3 soon (Phili is 4-0 I see).. Parity is had

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Their o line is an injury ridden shambles
Hard to run behind a line with 3rd string tackles out there.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Seahawks are starting 2 rookie tackles.
Would they do that if what they had was so good? Or are they doing that because a couple of rookies are an improvement?
Nobody in the coaching room says "Hey, let's downgrade our O-line!"

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Would they do that if what they had was so good? Or are they doing that because a couple of rookies are an improvement?
Nobody in the coaching room says "Hey, let's downgrade our O-line!"
Last years LT wat Duane Brown. He is 37 years old and expensive. The right tackle, Brandon Shell, was let go after being injured last year. So sometimes you do take a risk in an effort to get younger and cheaper.

My beloved Pat's have downgraded their o-line many times because the player was too expensive (Mankins, Solder, Mason etc). The salary cap does that. So while no coach wants to downgrade anywhere, GM's have to do just that at times to get under the cap or to get younger. Additionally, if you are going to trade your franchise QB, you don't then pay his 37 yr old blindside protector. You try and replace both with younger players.

Fact is, wherever Wilson goes he will be sacked a lot. He will always make your line look bad. I don't care if he has the 1995 Cowboys line in front of him. He holds on to the ball a long time. Always has. He can't throw a bunch of short, quick passes because he can't see (see Malcolm Butler int.). He also likes making big plays. So you do get explosive plays. You also get a lot of sacks.

My issue is that he went and whined about being hit in the off season. It may have been a way out of town or it may have been a lack of self awareness about why he is sacked so often. It was probably both. Unfortunately most fans think that he was right. In 10 years he was sacked a ton every year. He was the common denominator in those sacks.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
He will get alimony and child support from his wife.

Must be tough to live on a few hundred million.

Status
Not open for further replies.