NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
The Eagles are so good. I think they handle the 49ers easier than people expect. Purdy will be running for his life with that defensive line. Hurts has been in the zone for a while and the offensive system will be able to take advantage of the 49ers aggressive defense.

Burrow is the new 5Head Manning. He rarely misses on the correct read/target. Doesn’t need to be flashy about it either.

So I’m leaning Eagles and Bengals in the SB with the Eagles winning due to being stacked everywhere.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
The Eagles are so good. I think they handle the 49ers easier than people expect. Purdy will be running for his life with that defensive line. Hurts has been in the zone for a while and the offensive system will be able to take advantage of the 49ers aggressive defense.

Burrow is the new 5Head Manning. He rarely misses on the correct read/target. Doesn’t need to be flashy about it either.

So I’m leaning Eagles and Bengals in the SB with the Eagles winning due to being stacked everywhere.
I think both games this weekend are going to be very interesting matchups.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

My take as well

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Burrow is a pinpoint accurate passer. He threw a pass yesterday that was virtually identical to the pass Lawrence threw for an interception in the 4th quarter, difference was Burrow threw it about 1 foot longer, so the highpoint was to the receiver, not the defender. The Chiefs defense is going to have to be at their absolute best if the Chiefs are to win.

Go Chiefs!!

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Eagles certainly look formidable. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball. Crazy good pass rush which is scary going against a rookie QB. Thought Purdy did a good job under lots of pressure yesterday but it sounds like more of the same next week.

One weakness that they seem to have is run D. The Niners feast on those type of teams. If they can get the inside/outside stuff going and eat up lots of clock they have a solid chance. Vegas seems to think so.

As with most playoff games it will probably come down to turn overs. Purdy's numbers are good but he's been lucky a few times.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
That last play was pretty dang funny. All the drama and buildup. Niners call timeout when they see a goofy formation. Announcers excited to see what McCarthy has been working on for this end of game scenario.

Zeke hikes ball, gets destroyed trying to block, Dak throws 10 yards downfield and receiver gets destroyed before he can even blink. Game over. Priceless.

To be fair though, Dak tried his best to throw the game away on the first play of the drive. He clearly knew that last play wasn't gonna work anyway.
The only way to make that play better was to line up their kicker somewhere...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Jimmy Johnson seemed to have liked the last play….. 😂
SF

mems

Steelhead
Remember when you were little and played football with your friends and you made up plays on the palm of your hand? That is what that last cowgirls play looked like.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wonder what Zeke was thinking with Greenlaw lined up 5 yards away! :ROFLMAO:

At least they were going to try something different than the 80 yard hail mary. But man, I'm not sure where that one was going...

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Wonder what Zeke was thinking with Greenlaw lined up 5 yards away! :ROFLMAO:

At least they were going to try something different than the 80 yard hail mary. But man, I'm not sure where that one was going...

The best part of all of it was Zeke getting absolutely blown up after he snapped the ball. It almost seemed like he just wasn't expecting to get hit for some reason. Maybe he'll come away with a new found respect for centers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.