March Madness

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
One of those schools will eventually make a hire that brings change. They were 10 years behind the offensive curve in football as well at one point. God bless the upper Midwest/rustbelt and their grip on tradition is sports😂.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Coach is again correct - if the Big Ten wants to be successful in March, something needs to change. Right now, Big Ten basketball sucks. Teams are optimized for league play but it's too physical and too half court oriented. Clearly, teams are having a hard time adjusting from the Big Ten to the tournament. It’s the type of player and the type of game that is the issue.

When you think about good NBA players that came from the Big Ten, Draymond Green is one of the only high level guys that comes to mind. He's exactly what the Big Ten is, a junkyard dog. There’s not a lot of Big ten guys representing star power in the league. High level recruits aren’t going to want to play in a bruising conference when they are just trying to showcase their shooting and athleticism, just like the NBA plays today. Why would they join? What’s the upside? Mini rant over...
Believe the coach 😺

RCF

Life of the Party
The Zags have got to get a whole lot better than last couple of games. They seemed out of sorts and definitely out of rhythm.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
The Zags have got to get a whole lot better than last couple of games. They seemed out of sorts and definitely out of rhythm.
Unfortunately, they just aren’t as good as they have been in the past. I thought the 2nd half of the TCU game was as good as they have played all year.

We have been spoiled by having really good guard play and a rim protector...GU doesn’t have either one of those this year.

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
Unfortunately, they just aren’t as good as they have been in the past. I thought the 2nd half of the TCU game was as good as they have played all year.

We have been spoiled by having really good guard play and a rim protector...GU doesn’t have either one of those this year.

I agree. I have watched some games this year and they were like years past. Then others they got lucky if they won. I am pretty sure they got impacted by a player(s) entering the Portal this year and leaving the team.

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I’m no longer of the belief that the Tide is invincible
Good yes
Invincible no
A lot will depend on Miller's injury. They won't be able to go much further without him contributing at least close to the way he did during the season.

I'm still not sued to paying attention to Alabama sports this time of year. I'm usually focused on the news from spring football practice and the upcoming A-day game.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I agree. I have watched some games this year and they were like years past. Then others they got lucky if they won. I am pretty sure they got impacted by a player(s) entering the Portal this year and leaving the team.
They lost Holmgren and Nembard to the NBA. In the past that was fine because they were replaced with equal or greater talent.

Reactions: RCF

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Go UConn! Damn, they might actually have a shot this year. Busted bracket. Still early but beating up on Arkansas at the moment.

The best thing they ever did was rejoin the Big East for basketball after the shit show of realignment.

Now I am kind of glad the ACC snubbed them. A bunch of soft basketball schools totally at the mercy of football. It’ll probably be desolate shell of itself at some point. The Big East is now a bunch of rock star hoops schools who could give a flying you know what about football. I love their future as a basketball conference.