March Madness

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Congrats to Michigan State moving on to the Sweet 16. I'm glad at least one team is representing. Indiana hopefully can get by Miami this evening.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I started drawing a red X on every game I lost on my bracket page. When Purdue lost I drew a string of red X's from left to right. When Kansas lost I just drew one huge X across the whole page and deposited it in the recycle bin. In the NIT (stands for not in tournament) I see the Ducks have their 3 highest scoring starters out with injury and winning the first two games by 20. How do you predict that? Five more months until football. Sigh.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I started drawing a red X on every game I lost on my bracket page. When Purdue lost I drew a string of red X's from left to right. When Kansas lost I just drew one huge X across the whole page and deposited it in the recycle bin. In the NIT (stands for not in tournament) I see the Ducks have their 3 highest scoring starters out with injury and winning the first two games by 20. How do you predict that? Five more months until football. Sigh.
Spring ball starts this week in some places😀.

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I feel really bad for all the Bama haters that now have to deal with us in basketball season too... LOL

Roll Tide!
Long as the left side doesn't turn 'em soft. I need them in the final but still have right side in the end.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Really hard to bet against MSU as long as Izzo’s on the bench. I think you can say the same thing about GU…as long as Few’s on the bench.
When Izzo is in the Sweet Sixteen, he is 18-6…that’s coaching…

I am sure he has completely shifted all the betting lines going forward in this tournament…

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
The Husky hoops program is in shambles right now.
I’d love for them to go after a guy like Eric Musselman after they finally blow out Hopkins next year, but I just don’t see them paying the hoop coach more then the football coach.
It would sure be nice to have some good local college hoops again in the Seattle area, especially with the local HS talent the area produces.
SF

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
When Izzo is in the Sweet Sixteen, he is 18-6…that’s coaching…

I am sure he has completely shifted all the betting lines going forward in this tournament…
The Big 10 is kind of a mess. It seems like you are forced to build a team to win in conference but that type If play isn’t what you see in the field of 64.

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The Big 10 is kind of a mess. It seems like you are forced to build a team to win in conference but that type If play isn’t what you see in the field of 64.
Agree Coach... they beat the crap out of each other for 20 games and then get bounced when it's tourney time. I was hoping this year might be different as there was a greater variety of playing styles which I hoped was going to prepare teams for the tournament. It's been 23 years since a Big Ten team (Michigan State) has won the championship.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Agree Coach... they beat the crap out of each other for 20 games and then get bounced when it's tourney time. I was hoping this year might be different as there was a greater variety of playing styles which I hoped was going to prepare teams for the tournament. It's been 23 years since a Big Ten team (Michigan State) has won the championship.
The game has changed a LOT in the last 23 years… seems as if that league hasn’t.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Was happy to see Penn State beat A&M.

Only a little surprised that Creighton beat Baylor

That Zags game last night almost turned into a nail biter.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
K-State, hey, I'm aloud, Number 2 Son went to K-State (despite my protestations). That Nowell has got some game. Great game K-State!!!

Cheers
My daughter and my money went to Gonzaga, so I’m rooting for them. She majored in music performance (cello) and did well with scholarships so it wasn’t that bad. That was a great game last night.

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The game has changed a LOT in the last 23 years… seems as if that league hasn’t.
Coach is again correct - if the Big Ten wants to be successful in March, something needs to change. Right now, Big Ten basketball sucks. Teams are optimized for league play but it's too physical and too half court oriented. Clearly, teams are having a hard time adjusting from the Big Ten to the tournament. It’s the type of player and the type of game that is the issue.

When you think about good NBA players that came from the Big Ten, Draymond Green is one of the only high level guys that comes to mind. He's exactly what the Big Ten is, a junkyard dog. There’s not a lot of Big ten guys representing star power in the league. High level recruits aren’t going to want to play in a bruising conference when they are just trying to showcase their shooting and athleticism, just like the NBA plays today. Why would they join? What’s the upside? Mini rant over...