Let's see your flotillašŸ˜€

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
You all with the canoes:
What is you preferred seat/seat back?
I have a wenonah fisherman and a reservoir with trout in walking distance from our home. Canoe gets heavy use but after 1.5 hours i am hurting. Knee pits, back and hips. I have found that if i am fly casting, not casting to targets more than 90 degrees off the bow helps.
Oh and we have a 14 foot Klamath skiff with an 18 hp for kokanee, and an sup

My Wenonah Fisherman came with the removable cane seat backs and sponsons. However, most of the time I donā€™t use either. I find that if I focus on sitting up straight, my back is better. I do the same thing in my WaterMaster and donā€™t use the seat back (I sit on it). But if I want to relax and not worry about posture, a seat back is nice.

8EB01E0D-F2BD-49B9-90DD-AB4635F54F2A.jpeg

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
freakin' love my old school Outcast Commander....

mqR8rWI.jpg

This is sick!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Cool thread. Glad I'm not the only one trying to store multiple crafts.

First tube that somehow didn't kill me. This is at Merry in the 80s. Sniped this brownie when my buddy got a knot. :sneaky:
I think I gave it to my buddy's kid. I hope he survived.
Merry brown.jpg

I upgraded to this one. I still have it! It has a new tube, but has an iffy buckle that makes it a summer tube only.
Flowingbrood.jpg

My favorite craft is this 2014 Commander that I bought used in 2017 from a nice guy in Monroe for $600. It's my best fishing purchase ever. It's a major weapon:
20170410_103513_HDR.jpg

Love my Striker as well, but with steelheading like it is it doesn't get out enough:
20190428_131918_HDR.jpg

The lake & sound boat. 14' Valco with a Merc 25. Previous owner chose the blue. :ROFLMAO: Finally did a carb rebuild on the Merc so it got out several times last year. 4 or 5 of those times were chasing musky. It's been a great boat.
Screenshot_20200924-152844.png

The Valco replaced an old 12' Starcraft that had a 9.9 Merc. The Merc was always a little too big for it, but with decoys and my 90 lb mutt in the front it did well during duck season. It was always too tippy for my tastes when fishing. And too small for big lakes or the sound.

I also had a 7' Livingston that I fished a LOT. I bought it for $250 from my buddy (and neighbor) and sold it 10 years later for the same price. That boat was fishy! But heavy.

These all fit in my 3rd car garage space so that keeps the wife happy. The only way I could store a bigger boat is if she likes it, which means it will be 23' minimum. ;)

Keep em floatin!

Last edited:

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Well, itā€™s a good start! Right @Jerry Daschofsky, LOL!
I keep thinking how many boats I'd have if I hadn't sold any. I only regret my pram. I didn't sell it, but was on loan to a friend for his son. Friend died and by time I got ahold of his wife she had sold all his fishing gear, including boats. I told her the green pram belonged to me. She wasn't a nice person and didn't care. I could've legally went after her, since I did have emails and messages about the pram, but at that point I just didn't want to deal with it and wouldn't get the boat back. Which I had built it when I was a teen.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Cool thread. Glad I'm not the only one trying to store multiple crafts.

First tube that somehow didn't kill me. This is at Merry in the 80s. Sniped this brownie when my buddy got a knot. :sneaky:
I think I gave it to my buddy's kid. I hope he survived.
View attachment 3301

I upgraded to this one. I still have it! It has a new tube, but has an iffy buckle that makes it a summer tube only.
View attachment 3305

My favorite craft is this 2014 Commander that I bought used in 2017 from a nice guy in Monroe for $600. It's my best fishing purchase ever. It's a major weapon:
View attachment 3309

Love my Striker as well, but with steelheading like it is it doesn't get out enough:
View attachment 3310

The lake & sound boat. 14' Valco with a Merc 40. Previous owner chose the blue. :ROFLMAO: Finally did a carb rebuild on the Merc so it got out several times last year. 4 or 5 of those times were chasing musky. It's been a great boat.
View attachment 3321

The Valco replaced an old 12' Starcraft that had a 9.9 Merc. The Merc was always a little too big for it, but with decoys and my 90 lb mutt in the front it did well during duck season. It was always too tippy for my tastes when fishing. And too small for big lakes or the sound.

I also had a 7' Livingston that I fished a LOT. I bought it for $250 from my buddy (and neighbor) and sold it 10 years later for the same price. That boat was fishy! But heavy.

These all fit in my 3rd car garage space so that keeps the wife happy. The only way I could store a bigger boat is if she likes it, which means it will be 23' minimum. ;)

Keep em floatin!
I have acreage, a shop, and a covered area behind the shop. So luckily have lots of room to store boats. Including 2 of my son's boats and 1 of my father in laws. šŸ˜†