Let's see your flotillašŸ˜€

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
boats owned over the decades, starting in the early 70'sf
-13' Whaler, half share, inshore fisher and Ranch Runner (for those who know)
-16' Glastron V hull, half share inshore fisher
--21' Westcoaster Bayrunner CC - inshore fisher
-16' Crestliner Fishhawk for high lakes
-16' Clackacraft high sides for Big D and coastal rivers
-16' Clackacraft Magnum for tidewater
-16' Clackacraft WF for coastal rivers
-16' Fisher' Predator for high lakes
- 13' Sterling Sportcat for high lakes and tidewater
-partners in a 32' Uniflite flying bridge for two decades, berthed in Pillar Point Harbor. Boat caught endless salmon, stripers and albacore when they came in close enough.
-two Woods River float tubes that provided years of of fun throughout the west for wife and I.

What was your flotilla over the years?

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What a beautiful boat!
She's really gorgeous! I don't think anyone had taken the tarps off in over a decade but she cleaned up nicely. Catches fish too. :)

She's a little too big for rooftop or internal minivan transport for any serious distance so I'm thinking a trailer is in the cards if I want to take her anywhere. Maybe a little outboard for "get there/get home" ability. Possibilities are endless!

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
She still needs a bit of TLC but Whitehall Reproductions Tyee Spirit no. 218 is back in service!
View attachment 39651
Whoaā€¦.thatā€™s a beauty.

Back in the day I was a huge wooden boat groupie and I still love to look at them. Had a subscription to Wooden Boat Magazine for a couple years and went to the festival in Port Townsend a bunch of times.

Lucky findā€¦.thatā€™s gotta be a joy on the water (y)

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Whoaā€¦.thatā€™s a beauty.

Back in the day I was a huge wooden boat groupie and I still love to look at them. Had a subscription to Wooden Boat Magazine for a couple years and went to the festival in Port Townsend a bunch of times.

Lucky findā€¦.thatā€™s gotta be a joy on the water (y)
She's mostly fiberglass with teak rails and accents. I've spent my time working on wooden boats and I can't say I love the upkeep. This gal's got just the right blend of sweet lines, smooth ride, and low-ish maintenance. If only they were all that way! šŸ˜‚

M_D

Forum Supporter
She's mostly fiberglass with teak rails and accents. I've spent my time working on wooden boats and I can't say I love the upkeep. This gal's got just the right blend of sweet lines, smooth ride, and low-ish maintenance. If only they were all that way! šŸ˜‚
I was wondering if it was ā€˜one of thoseā€™ that only had wood trimā€¦.but no matter and even better cuz thereā€™s less maintenance.

I found, like you, wooden boats are greatā€¦.when they belong to someone else otherwise the upkeep can be overwhelming.

Back in the day, armed with the book Buehlerā€™s Backyard Boatbuilding, I bought a 20ā€™ lapstrake runabout. It should have gone straight to a burnpile but I had lofty plans to turn it into a small cuddy cabin.

The project was greatā€¦for a whileā€¦and then small kids and family won out and she ended up in that burnpile anyway

But that was my storyā€¦.you have a nice looking lapstrake knockoff. Have funšŸ‘

One more editā€¦.this got me thinkingā€¦
9CE361E6-A169-4E57-8EF9-755504D0940B.jpeg

My son is now 30! Much to my neighbors dismay, this thing adorned my driveway for several years before being dragged of to a burnpile. Be happy youā€™re only dealing with trimšŸ˜

Last edited:

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was wondering if it was ā€˜one of thoseā€™ that only had wood trimā€¦.but no matter and even better cuz thereā€™s less maintenance.

I found, like you, wooden boats are greatā€¦.when they belong to someone else otherwise the upkeep can be overwhelming.

Back in the day, armed with the book Buehlerā€™s Backyard Boatbuilding, I bought a 20ā€™ lapstrake runabout. It should have gone straight to a burnpile but I had lofty plans to turn it into a small cuddy cabin.

The project was greatā€¦for a whileā€¦and then small kids and family won out and she ended up in that burnpile anyway

But that was my storyā€¦.you have a nice looking lapstrake knockoff. Have funšŸ‘
She's a bit over two hundred pounds. I can manage her by myself but this photo shows why she's staying local until I sort out a trailer! Something tells me this would not go over well outside of rural areas.

"But officer, you can see that the painter is tied around the passenger seat!"

Screenshot_20221104-084850.png

M_D

Forum Supporter
I have no idea what's out there for small trailers...and you don't wanna meet the same guy Mark Yoshida did....but I made one of these work for my first boat...a little 12 ' aluminum lake boat.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
She's a bit over two hundred pounds. I can manage her by myself but this photo shows why she's staying local until I sort out a trailer! Something tells me this would not go over well outside of rural areas.

"But officer, you can see that the painter is tied around the passenger seat!"

View attachment 39806
Brave man, I used to have a Sienna just like that but wouldnt dare put a 200lb boat in there that way :)
Look into Malone trailers, they'll ship it to you on a box for a DIY assembly. I got one for my 12ft aluminum Crestliner and it's been awesome the last few years.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Brave man, I used to have a Sienna just like that but wouldnt dare put a 200lb boat in there that way :)
Look into Malone trailers, they'll ship it to you on a box for a DIY assembly. I got one for my 12ft aluminum Crestliner and it's been awesome the last few years.
I mean... she's all tied up in there! Painter around the passenger seat, tailgate tied to the bench seat. She's not going anywhere. What could go wrong?!? ;)

Plus, this is island style and I'm not exceeding ~35mph. Ź»aŹ»ole pilikia!

(if you see me driving around like this.... don't tailgate!)

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I mean... she's all tied up in there! Painter around the passenger seat, tailgate tied to the bench seat. She's not going anywhere. What could go wrong?!? ;)

Plus, this is island style and I'm not exceeding ~35mph. Ź»aŹ»ole pilikia!

(if you see me driving around like this.... don't tailgate!)
I have this trailer for my dory and like it: