Let's see your flotillašŸ˜€

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Do you sit high enough that your butt and thighs are above the water? I have not used my float tube in 20 years, I just donā€™t ever fish lakes, but now Iā€™m itching to buy one like yours.
Yes, anymore these keep you up pretty high. I believe the next one up has an inflatable seat that raises you up even higher. This one is solid foam but I like the hard seat feel.

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
Its a 1993 Tiderunner Point Special. I found out about them the same day this one was listed, haha! I do keep a Craigslist search alert going and I've seen one other Point Special listed in the last 2 years. The runabouts and cuddy cabins are more common.
Great to know. What length is it?
A buddy of mine had a 16ā€™ tide runner CC and it was a great hull. Dry and stable

Ha, my Y chromosome requires me to correct you and say it is ā€œGlacier Greenā€. Wife picked the color. As long as I got a boat, I was cool with it!

Thanks! Itā€™s a 170. I did not want to pay to store mine long term either, seemed like a pia. I had a little spur off my driveway that was perfect so had it graded and the carport added. Not super cheap but compared to paying storage long term storage, not to mention the convenience of having the boat at the house made it well worth it.

No, wish it was. They do sell a peddle version of that boat now. Great fishing kayak (Old Town Predator). Super stable, easy to stand and cast in. Not getting anywhere super fast in it though.
Whatever you call it that green is sharp!

JesseC

Smolt
Finally, a safe place....
IMG_2955.jpeg
2014 Grady White 209 Fisherman

IMG_3355.jpeg
Catspaw Dinghy - rowing and sailing fun.

0735D39A-005F-4A62-BF19-12172534279F.jpg
NRS inflatable Clearwater Drifter.

IMG_5618.JPG
Assault XX

IMG_5551.jpeg
Ancient Watermaster Grizzly + 7lb of inflatable sealant.

IMG_7203.jpeg
Hobie Compass Duo & Revolution 11

IMG_3972.jpeg
NRS SUP bruh?

IMG_1190.jpeg
50% of a Kevlar Canoe.

As you can see, these all serve a completely justified and unique purpose suited for maximum enjoyment. Yeah, that's the ticket.

PS - if anyone would like to help me build a big boat barn, I need help.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
View attachment 6583

View attachment 6584

View attachment 6585

View attachment 6586
Assault XX

View attachment 6587

View attachment 6588

View attachment 6589
NRS SUP bruh?

View attachment 6590
50% of a Kevlar Canoe.

As you can see, these all serve a completely justified and unique purpose suited for maximum enjoyment. Yeah, that's the ticket.

PS - if anyone would like to help me build a big boat barn, I need help

View attachment 6583

View attachment 6584

View attachment 6585

View attachment 6586
Assault XX

View attachment 6587

View attachment 6588

View attachment 6589
NRS SUP bruh?

View attachment 6590
50% of a Kevlar Canoe.

PS - if anyone would like to help me build a big boat barn, I need help.
If storage is an issue I'll take the Grady White. šŸ˜

MT406

Steelhead
Didnā€™t feel like starting a new thread. However, I see Head Hunters has a drift boat for sale.

Skol_Engh

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I love the striker. What makes it convenient for me is that I can deflate it and throw it in the back of my car. Or strap it on the bed of a pick up truck. I like the frameless aspect of it. It looks like the bruin has a frame. Itā€™s about a grand (or two if you buy used) cheaper than the bruin. the front lean bar is sturdy. On the water the striker is suuuper nimble and maneuverable. You can take it down some pretty skinny water. Iā€™d love to take it to the bob sometime. If you get one Iā€™d upgrade the oars immediately- look at the kbo mini cutthroats

Drawbacks:
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the best boat for really tall or big people though. Some of my taller friends have done the baby elk legs when fishing from the front.

Rod storage- thereā€™s no best practice of storing rods on the boat and because of the small size it can get cluttered. Iā€™ve broken a rod because it got squished in between the seat posts and the side of the boat.

@swimmy and @skyriver both have strikers and all indications point to them loving their boats too.

Last edited:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I love the striker. What makes it convenient for me is that I can deflate it and throw it in the back of my car. Or strap it on the bed of a pick up truck. I like the frameless aspect of it. It looks like the bruin has a frame. Itā€™s about a grand (or two if you buy used) cheaper than the bruin. the front lean bar is sturdy. On the water the striker is suuuper nimble and maneuverable. You can take it down some pretty skinny water. Iā€™d love to take it to the bob sometime. If you get one Iā€™d upgrade the oars immediately- look at the kbo mini cutthroats

Drawbacks:
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the best boat for really tall or big people though. Some of my taller friends have done the baby elk legs when fishing from the front.

Rod storage- thereā€™s no best practice of storing rods on the boat and because of the small size it can get cluttered. Iā€™ve broken a rod because it got squished in between the seat posts and the side of the boat.

@swimmy and @skyriver both have strikers and all indications point to them loving their boats too.
Yep, good points.
I'm 6'4", but usually the pilot. I've only whacked my knuckles on the back of the front seat once. Mad scramble type of thing...you know, when the driver tries to fish or rig while floating. :sneaky: I usually have a cooler under the front seat and my feet can fit on each side of it. If you really wanna pull you can put your feet on the front frame or cooler.
Both front and back chairs are adjustable so you can usually get a good setup. Now, the tallest person I've had in the front was only 6'.

Rod storage is always an issue on a small raft, but I take advantage of my Outcast bags. I can put the big bag that came with my Commander to my left and another Outcast bag, the smaller, (more oval one) they now sell for the Commander and float tubes to the left of the front seat. Both bags can easily hold the butt end and reel of 2 single-hand rods. I usually have this setup for trout trips. All the rods can point the same way (forward or backward) or towards each other to minimize rods getting snagged on sweepers or cliffs.
For steelhead I usually have my 11'6" switch and a single-hander and a couple buddies both have 13' or 14' 2 handers. So we usually put them like this. The 2 hander was out for rigging, but it usually sits in with the others. Again, this is only if no sweepers or cliffs are expected. This was on the Skagit where I knew it would be easy going.
20190428_113630.jpg

The one rule we always agree on is "DO NOT EXIT LEFT!!" If we want to pull out river left we just have to find a shallow enough spot that we can go out over the right side.
I have also strapped zippered rod cases to the sides. They get a little wet, but if you want to pack a 2nd or 3rd rod that won't get used much it's nice to have them stored safely away.

And yes, I love the flexibility of transport. For long trips I prefer to have it deflated in the back of the truck under the hard tonneau cover or even in the back of my crew cab. If we're camping (or if I'm doing a local run close to home) then it goes on top of the tonneau cover like this:
20200528_153221_HDR.jpg

The 6.5' bed helps with that. I now have a canopy on the truck so probably just deflate a bit and put it in the back, under the cap with the tailgate open. My cap has a rack, but that's a long way up and I have short fishing buddies. :LOL:

And yes, the KBOs are awesome. Very glad I upgraded. And one of the stock ones goes with as a spare.

I need to get it out for some skwala action SOON!