NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

cdnred

Life of the Party
screenshot_20230301_184642_facebook-jpg.886265

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Did you ever notice that while the Flintstones had active social lives, the futuristic Jetsons were not only neighborless, but friendless?

;)
That’s a great point. The shows ran in the same era right?
When this stuff was on tv our house didn’t watch much

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
60's...early to mid
They did overlap, Flintstones were first I think.

ABITNF

Steelhead
An absolutely amazing and deeply moving story of an Aussie woman's bravery with a tiny .22 calibre pistol. They are like a mosquito bite to a big crocodile.

A Darwin woman, Beverly Thompson, 38, has stopped a crocodile attack using a small .22 calibre Ruger pistol.

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave,
cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.

"While walking along the edge of a lake near my house in the Zuccoli Village Estate near Darwin discussing a property settlement with my soon-to-be ex-husband, and other divorce issues, we were surprised by
a huge 3.5metre crocodile that suddenly emerged from the murky water.

It began charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.

If I had not had my little Ruger .22 calibre pistol with me, I
wouldn't be here today!" said Beverly.

“Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee was all it took.
The croc got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking awayat a brisk pace.

The amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible - and hislife insurance was also a big bonus.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Annual rocky mountain oyster festival in Rock Creek Montana was discontinued after 2018. Too bad.
Attended several Testie Festies at Rock Creek...lots of fun!

This is where I say "I hope nobody thinks less of me for liking the Rock Creek Testie Festie".

And where you say "Krusty, we couldn't possibly think less of you".

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Was that the Testicle Festival?
Passed it a few times on the way to Sturgis
In earlier years it was held early autumn (which made for a dicey trip on a bike in Montana at that time of the year), then they moved it to summer to coincide with Sturgis. Liability issues with drunken idiots finally ended the festival.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That area in the beginning of August sure had some cool shit going on. I’ve been to Sturgis a few times
Never owned a bike though