NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Non-fishing related

Divad

Whitefish
That was incredible, stretched out saved one then another kicking the leg up 🤯🤩 Looking good as always from the guy in the blue paint!

Divad

Whitefish

Here’s the save(s)! Love Driedger’s reaction 😁

Because after watching a game, you watch the highlights, then talk about it some more and then watch the recap. Talk about it some more and ride the train until next game.

Edit: Tanev really was the opportunity maker on two of those goals tonight. More turbo!

Last edited:

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
It still baffles me why watching someone else play sports is of any interest…JMHO.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
.....says the guy with no athletic ability.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It still baffles me why watching someone else play sports is of any interest…JMHO.
I have never been a person that watch or follows sports, I love playing sports when younger, but not watching. I am not a sports stats or player follower. In honesty I couldn't tell you the names of most Kraken players or their numbers, except Brandon Tanev 13.

That being said I have gone to hockey games since I was in High School. NOT JUST FOR FIGHTS as accused by many. I found the sport fast paced (add/add person here) and beautifully skilled! I now know numerous guys that played/play and several youth players, including nephews.

The fact that they are playing on ice skates, going forward and Backward at high speed, keeping their eye on a hard plastic 1.5 thick by 3in diameter projectile traveling at between 70-90 mph and stopping it with a stick blade, 3"x12" blade, in flight, while being aware of other guys looking to collide with them against a wall, keeping their body position right so as not to get badly hurt. To me this is the most amazing skill of "games" I have challenged "sports fans" to prove me wrong, and usually they just get made, haha.

But would I pass up a day fishing to watch a game on TV, NOPE!!!

LET'S GO KRAKEN

(Me this morning.... not really but if i tried to play hockey... )

CRO

Steelhead
my sister goes to all the Firebirds games (Krakens farm team in Palm Springs) and says the fans want Joey back.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
But would I pass up a day fishing to watch a game on TV, NOPE!!!
I genuinely enjoy following sports. And when I have the time, I absolutely do enjoy sitting down and watching sports on TV. Given how many games there are in a season, that ends up being fairly often for something like hockey.

But will I give up a real life adventure for a sportsball game? Almost never.

Smalma

Life of the Party
Joey's stats since becoming the main starter places in the top 5 goalies! If this continues the Kraken will likely become a playoff regular.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know old school hockey guys hate that stuff. But I'd like to see more of it in games.
I have been seeing a lot more between legs and flip behinds happening for the pass and even a couple shots. A great flip into to corner up over goalie last night by McCann.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Speaking of the Kraken, rough stretch for them. Losses to the Pens and NYR, games against the red hot Oilers and the 21-13 Leafs upcoming next.