Grundens Waders?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin

I've kinda seen this coming for a while with them really ramping up their sportfishing attire. Who will be the first here to try them out? Would be interesting to see how they compare to the rest.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

I've kinda seen this coming for a while with them really ramping up their sportfishing attire. Who will be the first here to try them out? Would be interesting to see how they compare to the rest.
Won’t be me; not until they go on sale. But yeah I’m interested. They got real Gore Tex.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Well shoot, had no idea they were getting into waders or apparel. Some good looking stuff.
Intrigued by that infinium insulated goretex jacket. And obvi, the Kraken shirt.
Screenshot_20230329_211736.jpg

Hard to spend that kind of money on waders when they're new to the market, but they look solid. Fleece lined front pass thru pocket is a nice touch.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party

I have mixed feelings. On one hand they have no experience in the wader business.
On the other they have an awesome reputation for quality products so they should be good. You're right it'll be interesting.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Worth it to pee from a tube. Can't put a price on avoiding muddy sketch launches to take a leak in the middle of the action😁
Agreed, but there’s a guy who will install one that doesn’t void the warranty (at least for Simms, Patagonia, Dryft, and Redington) for $80 and in my opinion and experience it’s even better because it’s horizontal—you don’t have to take off or open any layers.

Bill Anderson
326 Hobbit Hollow Road
Altoona, Pa. 16601
bjuniata@verizon.net

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Agreed, but there’s a guy who will install one that doesn’t void the warranty (at least for Simms, Patagonia, Dryft, and Redington) for $80 and in my opinion and experience it’s even better because it’s horizontal—you don’t have to take off or open any layers.

Bill Anderson
326 Hobbit Hollow Road
Altoona, Pa. 16601
bjuniata@verizon.net
How does he know where to put the horizontal zipper? 🤔

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Bricaud

Smolt
Intrigued by that infinium insulated goretex jacket.

I have the infinium jacket and its sweet. highly recommend. The goretex is only in the hood, shoulders and sleeves. Works awesome for those days where a full rain coat isnt needed.

Their heavy weight thermal bottoms are also an awesome wading base layer pant for winter fishing.

Islander

Life of the Party
A zipper won’t help me, I usually wear 3 to 4 layers and have a 2 layer dick, especially in cold weather. 🥶
Grundens are good quality though and made to last. Used them when I was on a commercial boat in Alaska one summer. I would think they would be the same in their sport fishing line. They are pricey though. Buy once cry once!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Speaking of non-zip waders.....I'm surprised how many people need to take off their jackets in order to pee while wearing them, especially when it is raining hard..... :ROFLMAO:
SF

RCF

Life of the Party
At the price of new waders today, and knowing my number of days on the water needing them due to age and health, I would be hard pressed to pay that much. But if I was younger with more spendable income; aka not on a fixed income, I would be all over these waders. Grundens knows their customer base and has set a high bar and associated level of expectations that are known for great quality and standing behind their products.

Islander

Life of the Party
At the price of new waders today, and knowing my number of days on the water needing them due to age and health, I would be hard pressed to pay that much. But if I was younger with more spendable income; aka not on a fixed income, I would be all over these waders. Grundens knows their customer base and has set a high bar and associated level of expectations that are known for great quality and standing behind their products.
I hear you. Things with a “lifetime guarantee” at my age doesn’t have that much of an appeal as it was 20 yrs ago.