Got any bird pics?

MELinOre

Steelhead
Gyrfalcon, just curious what you mean by Eagle's yearly hiatus, I've noticed the Eagles are harder to find and sorta lazy right now....
Here is some information regarding tracking of Bald Eagles from the Fraser River Valley starting in 2018.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

Bajema

Life of the Party
That is one of the things that I love about the offshore tuna trips, always the possibility of amazing wildlife. Sometimes an albacore gets in the way of my looking for birds...;)
Steve
Today we saw some albacore jumping as well, of course we just had to let them be.

RichS

Life of the Party
We made a trip to MN, Iowa and Nebraska to see relatives. Saw a ton of birds but didn't get many pictures. Lots of Sandhills which were not common there 25 years ago, cardinals, Pileated and downy wood peckers, loons (of course), yellow warblers, bald eagles, bobwhites, white breasted nuthatch, blue jays and many others that I don't remember. Trumpeter swans are also becoming much more numerous in central MN. Saw a bunch in various places. These were on a creek which runs between lakes at my sisters house. First light photos of them- also it was chilly and humid and my lens kept fogging.
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3114.JPG
IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3144.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG

Last edited:

riseform

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sunday's pelagic out of Westport apparently saw a rarity: Hawaiian Petrel. Would have been pretty cool.

Meanwhile, while visiting the Anan bear and wildlife observatory recently, I got into a staring contest with a bald eagle.
This is a bird thread, but pink salmon were no match for the many black bears.

Bajema

Life of the Party
Went out to see some birds again this morning (hoping to get back to some fishing next week). The first three pictures are sandpipers of some kind, I’ve got some work to do on my shorebird IDs. My best guess is a Baird’s in the first picture and then a Baird’s on the right of the second pic and a Western on the left. Third is some combination of those.

A8ED0ED5-24D7-43E8-A651-00DDE72DA64D.jpegE533E53E-94CB-4EA6-A5AB-CD049B91D9B7.jpegBB05F088-7DEC-4FAC-A80B-0B1F53134C7F.jpegB76C13AC-1915-40B9-B59F-F8CB06E696DB.jpeg

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
Went out to see some birds again this morning (hoping to get back to some fishing next week). The first three pictures are sandpipers of some kind, I’ve got some work to do on my shorebird IDs. My best guess is a Baird’s in the first picture and then a Baird’s on the right of the second pic and a Western on the left. Third is some combination of those.

View attachment 29367View attachment 29368View attachment 29369View attachment 29370
I agree with the ID as Baird's and Western sandpipers. The bird in that 4th picture is a bit big to be a sandpiper.;)
Steve

Divad

Whitefish
Does anybody have Rufous Hummers around on their summer feeder?

I’ve never seen them stick around in the summer even though supposedly SW WA is included in breeding grounds.