Got any bird pics?

Divad

Whitefish
We never get them on our feeders (spring or summer) but I see them in more forested habitats.
I get a lot in March and have a video of one doing it’s mating dance, dive-bomb wing sound on 3-10-22.

Heavier forests aren’t too far away, that would make sense.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Does anybody have Rufous Hummers around on their summer feeder?

I’ve never seen them stick around in the summer even though supposedly SW WA is included in breeding grounds.
We have them here -about 25 miles inland from the coast in the lowlands of WA. We do not put feeders out as there are a lot of natural resources right here. Males seem to noticeably migrate out earlier than the females and young of year

snatching a flying insect

Last edited:

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Black Necked Stilt. I shot this from my truck using a medium lens. For at least three successive years Stilts successfully nested within a bowling-ball throw of a busy parking area on the edge of a hundred acre marsh. Go figure. Maybe the human activity discouraged daytime predators?
792F3EDF-0517-4F65-8698-86441DF1876A.jpeg

Bajema

Life of the Party
Black Necked Stilt. I shot this from my truck using a medium lens. For at least three successive years Stilts successfully nested within a bowling-ball throw of a busy parking area on the edge of a hundred acre marsh. Go figure. Maybe the human activity discouraged daytime predators?
View attachment 29917
Those are such great birds

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
This heron stood almost right behind me all morning while I was fishing.
I really enjoy watching them hunt. Very deliberate and their color really blends in well with the beach cobble.
I’d say this Heron averaged maybe 1 fish for every 4 beak and head dunks this morning. Way better then my stats!
SF

11A6DB34-FC00-4BA0-BC3D-998DBA36D2FB.jpeg7DFF89FA-EF66-492F-BFF5-122F154F7F49.jpeg02465BBB-322B-478F-88BF-B0994491C94A.jpeg

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
1662253777419.png1662253813434.png
the light wasn't great paddling past the ospreys but decided to take some photos to see if there was a juvie this year, and yes, just the one, with the orange eyes. This one hasn't yet fledged which seems a mite late, but then again there were so many eagles early in the year and wonder if they had to start over....
1662253848977.png

MT_Flyfisher

Life of the Party
Over the years we caught many trout in the hole that was beneath this rock on the Yellowstone River. From time to time an eagle was perched on top of this rock as we floated by, keeping a careful eye on fishermen, lest one of their trout would provide him an easy meal after it was released.

2C7F61CE-D3D9-4F74-911F-7F94743441F2.jpeg