PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
That looks fantastic

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
With the new motor on, and nice weather here: The final touches have been put on the floor and I'm finishing up putting in the gas tank and attaching the panels today. Then a few wires to hook up and I'll call this about done!

There of course will be a few odds and ends to fine-tune, but I'll be getting it out on the water this weekend to break in the new Suzuki.

Will post some photos once assembly is about done later today after work.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
One very frustrating thing, and this is ongoing...

This is the third time I've installed a gas gauge in a boat. All three were brand new on different boats the past few years. Not a single one has worked despite following the wiring diagram exactly.

I have such little motivation to pull it apart to figure it out. Hopefully the NMEA cable running from my Suzuki will get me a good reading on fuel consumption

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Evan, if the battery space in your boat is open to the bilge at the back you might consider installing a 3-4 inch high fence across the front to prevent unwanted stuff from sliding back there on a wet deck and vanishing. Think split shot, keys, phones, flopping trout, sand shrimp, you get the idea.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Evan, if the battery space in your boat is open to the bilge at the back you might consider installing a 3-4 inch high fence across the front to prevent unwanted stuff from sliding back there on a wet deck and vanishing. Think split shot, keys, phones, flopping trout, sand shrimp, you get the idea.
I've thought about it but never really had any problem in the past. If things find their way back there often I may do something. But if you go straight back, there's no gap. The only drop to the bilge is right behind the control panel and it's fairly easy to reach in there.

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
One very frustrating thing, and this is ongoing...

This is the third time I've installed a gas gauge in a boat. All three were brand new on different boats the past few years. Not a single one has worked despite following the wiring diagram exactly.

I have such little motivation to pull it apart to figure it out. Hopefully the NMEA cable running from my Suzuki will get me a good reading on fuel consumption
Gas gauges are about as reliable as trailer lights.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
few things are more boring than the 10 hour factory spec'd break-in of a new OB
Yeah I have another trip or two for break in. Want to fine tune a few things before I spend more time in it.