College Football 2023

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
NCAA is going to be just like the NFL in a decade.
2 conferences, with divisions.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
NCAA is going to be just like the NFL in a decade.
2 conferences, with divisions.

I agree.
4 divisions of 16 teams not under NCAA rules. I think that is were it is going.

In other news.

SF

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Florida State, who howled about not getting into the top four, and now plays Georgia in the Orange Bowl? A bunch of their starters just announced they will not be playing in the game.
The era of the Ronin is here, hired guns without loyalty

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
All rumor and I don’t believe it’s true, but chatter about Kirby Smart possibly going to the Falcons as HC. Just don’t see it happening but Arthur Blank has the coin.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If FSU wins, I can see the end of the ACC coming.

In other news.

SF

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Well how about those Jayhawks!!!! No longer can Kansas be considered just a basketball-dominant school, but with a 49-36 win over UNLV in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl (what the hell is that?), they must now be considered a football powerhouse. Lookout world, here come the Jayhawks (fear the Phog, fear the Booth)

1703768340984.png

Rock Chalk Jayhawk...

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
Getting closer to game day(New Years) How is everyone feeling about their beloved teams? I'm hoping the Huskies come out and take it to Texas. We beat them last year, but that was last season. I have alot of confidence in this team to get it done, we shall see!

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Losing my enthusiasm for these post season
games. So many good players opting out not to mention coaches who have left teams. Marvin Harrison out tonight for OSU which was anything but a barn burner 🤔….. Oregon St earlier vs. ND without players including starting QB. Why watch? Why participate? Why attend one of these games? Why care? College ball is going down a rabbit hole and I don’t think it will find its way back out. Just an opinion. Why care ?

Last edited:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
If corporate sponsors start to feel the same way, the plethora of bowl games may undergo shrinkage. Maybe we'll get back to the 9 bowl games that existed back in1960.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Losing my enthusiasm for these post season
games. So many good players opting out not to mention coaches who have left teams. Marvin Harrison out tonight for OSU which was anything but a barn burner 🤔….. Oregon St earlier vs. ND without players including starting QB. Why watch? Why participate? Why attend one of these games? Why care? College ball is going down a rabbit hole and I don’t think it will find its way back out. Just an opinion. Why care ?
This may be mitigated next year by going to a twelve team playoff…players would be reluctant to leave if they have a shot at the national championship game…

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
This may be mitigating next year by going to a twelve team playoff…players would be reluctant to leave if they have a shot at the national championship game…
I wonder if NIL dealers will feel like they could get stung and put in a (back loaded?) No Play No Pay clause?