Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
  • Haha
Reactions: RCF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

FSU players skipping Orange Bowl​

At least 23 Seminoles have made the decision to not play in the Orange Bowl. That includes nine players opting out to declare for the NFL draft and 14 players who have entered the transfer portal.

There are plenty of big names on the list of players skipping the game, including Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson and Jaheim Bell. The trio accounted for 53 percent of receiving yards on the season and 15 of 25 touchdowns through the air. Not to mention, backup QB Tate Rodemaker has announced his decision to transfer.

Here's a list of all the Seminoles opting out.

• QB
    • Tate Rodemaker
    • AJ Duffy
  • RB
    • Trey Benson*
    • Rodney Hill
    • CJ Campbell
  • WR
    • Keon Coleman*
    • Johnny Wilson*
  • TE
    • Jaheim Bell*
    • Markeston Douglas
  • OL
    • Thomas Shrader
    • Bless Harris
    • Daughtry Richardson
    • Qae'shon Sapp
  • DL
    • Jared Verse*
    • Fabien Lovett*
    • Malcolm Ray
    • Dylan Brown
    • Ayobami Tifase
  • LB
    • DJ Lundy
    • Dylan Brown-Turner
  • DB
    • Renardo Green*
    • Jarrian Jones*
    • Akeem Dent*
  • And then throw in 4 regular starters eliminated in the 1st qtr to game ending injuries.

😔

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
On the basis of everything that has happened since the 4 playoff teams were selected, including today's debacle, I think it is safe to say that FSU has shit in it's own mess kit.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
So today I had an argument with a good friend, a husky fan, about the FSU snub. I said that the committee made their choice on the flawed subjective reasoning of picking the "best teams" instead of the most deserving teams. I said that I've heard more than one coach say there is no "I" in team but the committee seemed to think so but he disagreed and thought the committee did the right thing. Being good friends we agreed to disagree. Right after that call my wife walks in with her Duck shirt on and says When does the Liberty bowl start. I said sweetie it's not the Liberty bowl, we play Liberty in the Fiesta bowl. Whatever she says. Is there any other bowls? Yes there's the Rose Bowl and later this evening the Sugar Bowl. She says after the Liberty bowl she's going upstairs and watch something on the hallmark channel. After all she's had a "buttfull" of football anyway. Luckily we each have our own widescreens so after the games are over I'll see her at suppertime. So Happy New Year everybody and enjoy the day. Sigh.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
So today I had an argument with a good friend, a husky fan, about the FSU snub. I said that the committee made their choice on the flawed subjective reasoning of picking the "best teams" instead of the most deserving teams. I said that I've heard more than one coach say there is no "I" in team but the committee seemed to think so but he disagreed and thought the committee did the right thing. Being good friends we agreed to disagree. Right after that call my wife walks in with her Duck shirt on and says When does the Liberty bowl start. I said sweetie it's not the Liberty bowl, we play Liberty in the Fiesta bowl. Whatever she says. Is there any other bowls? Yes there's the Rose Bowl and later this evening the Sugar Bowl. She says after the Liberty bowl she's going upstairs and watch something on the hallmark channel. After all she's had a "buttfull" of football anyway. Luckily we each have our own widescreens so after the games are over I'll see her at suppertime. So Happy New Year everybody and enjoy the day. Sigh.
I’m a Husky fan, but rooting for your ducks today.
Go Pac12!!!!!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I thought he’d take a nice NIL deal somewhere and have one more year to develop, which I think would have helped him. I hope this decision works out for him.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I thought he’d take a nice NIL deal somewhere and have one more year to develop, which I think would have helped him. I hope this decision works out for him.
SF

Denver....
😁

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was just about to say, it looks like 2 crappy high school teams.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Regardless of how much practice they get, the nearly one month layoff can really lead to some less than stellar football.
Hot teams can cool off after the championship weekend with that much time between games.
SF

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Apparently all you have to do is call them out on it and play improves!

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
The missed extra point by Michigan may end up being huge in this game.
SF

Greggor

'Schooled' by Roy Patrick
Forum Supporter
Regardless of how much practice they get, the nearly one month layoff can really lead to some less than stellar football.
Hot teams can cool off after the championship weekend with that much time between games.
SF
Certainly seems to be the case in the early game.