College Football 2023

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
No bout adoubt it Doc!

Jim F.

I am gonna hit the port - 25 years old... LOL
Got you by a 3x factor. But I'm a southpaw and therefore I am "crafty." Oops that's baseball. Okay! I'll enter 2 portals.

Jim F.

My only claim to football fame: I ran around with Don James' Nephew.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
😂. Since when? 1969 Paul Hornung?

C’mon. Winning has everything to do with it.
LSU has one more loss and at 8-4 then Daniels not winning it. So many voters never really watched much of Nix and Penix. Hey why the hate on lefties?

View attachment 94301
Stat driven and hatred for uw. Funny when usc qb the far west has no problem. Weird.

It is what it is ….
I revisited this stat issue and decided to remind all you guys that during the season there were half a dozen games in which Bo Nix only play less than 3 qtrs. That was never factored in statistically. On top of that he threw for 6 td's in the first half against Ariz St., a game in which the dawgs never scored a single offensive td. So your wins were responsible for Penix getting more votes in the Heismas voting. But remember Nix got voted offensive player of the year in the Pac 12. Not to mention the Campbell award for scholastic excellence. I'll still congratulate UW for winning the conference championship but there is no denying that Nix was a lot better quarterback. It'll be interesting to watch their careers in the NFL.
T

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nix is good. Penix is good. Comparing how who did against another team is meaningless. Or let’s just use head to head competition. Penix is 3-0, enough said 😜 . Doesn’t matter how it happened it is what it is. Penix has some of his best games vs. Oregon. There are so many variables when teams play in the game of football…. Injuries, weather, match-ups, etc. we see it all the time…hey team a beat team b and they beat team c but team c beat team a. Can’t be??? Same in nfl. These are still kids in college. Don’t get caught up in Nix being better than Penix or visa cersa. Two great qbs and wish them well in a world that destroys so many great college QB’s …..NFL careers will depend on many factors, who drafts them? Expectations? Start or sit for a year or two? Pro O’ or RPO type O’. Bad franchise or a great one?

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I revisited this stat issue and decided to remind all you guys that during the season there were half a dozen games in which Bo Nix only play less than 3 qtrs. That was never factored in statistically. On top of that he threw for 6 td's in the first half against Ariz St., a game in which the dawgs never scored a single offensive td. So your wins were responsible for Penix getting more votes in the Heismas voting. But remember Nix got voted offensive player of the year in the Pac 12. Not to mention the Campbell award for scholastic excellence. I'll still congratulate UW for winning the conference championship but there is no denying that Nix was a lot better quarterback. It'll be interesting to watch their careers in the NFL.
T
Nothing worse than an Oregon duck justifying two loses to UW and who is a better player to a UW player that beat them twice in same season. And 3-0 career. So sad. Give it up. Time for the Duck to go Bob in the shame water park bowl for a bit. 😬

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
The number of pro-players without a college education is a lot more than than we realize. I listen to the player introductions at the beginning of each game and there are a bunch.
And if you listen to many of them in their attempts to articulate it is obvious that they do not have a college level education. But somehow some still have a diploma, somehow earned on the playing field. Unfortunately it seems the day of student athletes is fading. Edit: Much the same way as the day of the citizen statesman.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCF

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nix is good. Penix is good. Comparing how who did against another team is meaningless. Or let’s just use head to head competition. Penix is 3-0, enough said 😜 . Doesn’t matter how it happened it is what it is. Penix has some of his best games vs. Oregon. There are so many variables when teams play in the game of football…. Injuries, weather, match-ups, etc. we see it all the time…hey team a beat team b and they beat team c but team c beat team a. Can’t be??? Same in nfl. These are still kids in college. Don’t get caught up in Nix being better than Penix or visa cersa. Two great qbs and wish them well in a world that destroys so many great college QB’s …..NFL careers will depend on many factors, who drafts them? Expectations? Start or sit for a year or two? Pro O’ or RPO type O’. Bad franchise or a great one?
The Comparison Game

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
@bobduck

giphy-52.gif

Nix is a helluva QB, so is Penix. Jayden racked up serious stats against some weak ass opponents, I think the competition should have been between Nix and Penix, and, well, we know how that turned out. Penix is 3-0, 20 wins in a row and leading his team into the playoffs.

Good luck against Liberty, Nix will pad his stats for the unofficial Heisman victory over Penix

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
PAC-12 saga continues:

The back story about an antitrust lawsuit by an Arizona swimmer that could go class action for sports other than football, basketball, & baseball that don't currently receive big NIL deals against the NCAA and specifically names the PAC 12 as a defendant could get real ugly with a judgement against the plaintiffs in the Billions.

Apparently K-12 athletes can get NIL in 30 states??

Ahhh, NIL... in the litigious society of today it makes one ponder 🤔
  • Are youth leagues next???
  • Becomes an accepted and reportable source of family income?
  • I wonder how this all plays with child labor laws? (cue up David Copperfield; the musical soundtrack)
  • Kids suing their parents for mismanagement?
  • More IRS agents needed???

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How about this:
Kid is flunking HS chemistry and algebra.
Schools have academic standards for athletes to remain eligible. 2 F’s won’t hack it. Pressure put on teachers because the lack of academic accountability has cost Bobby a lot of $$$. Then what?

This could get ugly real fast

Last edited: