NFR #CelebJets

Non-fishing related

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I thought this was a joke.

I Googled it. Not a joke.

Seattle. 🤦🏻‍♂️

The joke is it's taking five years to outlaw this sinister climate killing technology! Why wait! We are at the tipping point and leaf blowers are literally blowing away our children's future!

#blownaway

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
I am solidly team anti-leaf blower. Not due to the emissions aspect but due to the noise nuisance aspect. I’ll happily co-opt misplaced climate enthusiasm to put leaf blowers in their grave. Get them off my goddamn lawn. Thank you for attending my lecture.
My personal favorite is when the guys blow the leaves into the street.
On the other hand, these guys never took a private jet to get to the jobsite.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Where these Hispanic folks laborers providing a service for others? I live on a retirement budget, so an old rake, is my leaf blower. If I lived in overpopulated, polluted, Seattle, I would be for just about anything to lower its emissions.

I would assume this to be the case. Either way do you not care about equity and justice? Why does it matter? There's a grave racial inequity in the works and you want to see who's employing who? I will not show you my papers sir! I guess in your world climate trumps race.

#resist #thisblows

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Seem to recall Pearl Jam doing a concert at the Gorge benefiting environment? Maybe along those lines. They were going to plant trees to offset their touring carbon footprint..the Gorge in George WA where 25,000 people all drive long distances to the middle of nowhere to watch and band...make money to plant trees. Like about 10,000 cars driving over 200 miles on average?

I am not a rocket surgeon, but I wonder if that added up to a win? Or as below..all adds up? I guess they are trying is something positive (still only like their first album)..

CARBON MITIGATION​

Since 2003, Pearl Jam has calculated the metric tons of carbon dioxide output from the band’s world tours. Those calculations are based on band and crew flights and hotel stays, truck mileage, bus mileage, shipping weight (miles/mode of transport), and the number of fans attending each show.

Based on this calculation, the band allocates a portion of tour profits to invest in environmental projects that serve to offset or mitigate carbon dioxide that was released into the atmosphere on tours.

Nirvana and Soundgarden quit polluting cold turkey : |

If the good people of Seattle wanted to make a real difference they would do what Kurt Cobain did and go carbon neutral.

Flymph

Steelhead
"I inferred the obvious racist intent of this legislation using my best Seattle honed social justice detection skills."

Thank you. Your quote answered my question.

Your guess would be incorrect. Climate change affects POC disproportionately. That said, Climate does not trump (tried to think of a better word) race. Instead, it reveals a greater concern and need.

dflett68

Steelhead
Sure. Well at least the ones who are wannabe Eco-Warriors.

I don't blame them for flying private though. If I had that kind of money, I'd do the same. I just wouldn't be a hypocrite about it.
about "it" - meaning a hypothetical that will never be reality for you? could it be that you are a hypocrite about anything else, like the rest of us? like, perhaps, the gratuitous opportunism of your politically oriented posts, and refusal to engage when there's any appeal to acknowledge that your chosen champions are guilty of a given hypocrisy or corruption?

i agree the aim of the twitter acct is fantastic. let's call out hypocrisy wherever we find it - but let's include the mirror, unless it's just for the sake of argument. but that would be...hypocrisy - which you wouldn't participate in, right? talk about virtue signaling...

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
"I inferred the obvious racist intent of this legislation using my best Seattle honed social justice detection skills."

Thank you. Your quote answered my question.

Your guess would be incorrect. Climate change affects POC disproportionately. That said, Climate does not trump (tried to think of a better word) race. Instead, it reveals a greater concern and need.

The legislation to mitigate it is just as disproportionally damaging it would seem. Honest question, why is it that working class folks give up their way of life while super emitters in the elite class are unaffected? I say private jets aren't necessary when one can fly commercial. While I joke around allot about this stuff I really don't think the climate monsters are people commuting to work or running a leaf blower. The whole thing just blows.

#problowno

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I'm starting a company called Norse Landscaping Maintenance. We specialize in just leaf blowing nothing else. We only hire tall blond blue eyed males. This should offset the obvious discrepancies with POC leaf blowers.

32 replies?? I can't believe I missed this one!

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm starting a company called Norse Landscaping Maintenance. We specialize in just leaf blowing nothing else. We only hire tall blond blue eyed males. This should offset the obvious discrepancies with POC leaf blowers.

32 replies?? I can't believe I missed this one!

Lost me at males.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My personal favorite is when the guys blow the leaves into the street.
On the other hand, these guys never took a private jet to get to the jobsite.
I would be all for making it illegal to blow whatever into the streets. I live downhill from several that blow grass clippings into the street…when it rains it all ends up in my driveway. The guys with their giant snowblowers blowing everything into the street are even worse.

RCF

Life of the Party
I would be all for making it illegal to blow whatever into the streets. I live downhill from several that blow grass clippings into the street…when it rains it all ends up in my driveway. The guys with their giant snowblowers blowing everything into the street are even worse.
Blowing stuff into the streets also plugs/covers storm drains. Increases flooding especially in urban areas ---> not good...

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Lost me at males.
Haha. We people who grew up on the coast, who went to school with the loggers kids and grandkids saw some pretty tall broad-shouldered, blonde blue-eyed girls in school. It took a kid with reals balls to be up to try to date one and tempt fate by meeting the statuesque nordic logger dads.

Don't see them as evolving into leaf blowers in the big city these days as the trees became more scarce.