NFR #CelebJets

Non-fishing related

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Holy shit this is the best twitter account I've seen. It tracks the private flights of some in our celeb class and shows you how much pollution each flight emits.

One thing that is eye opening, a single flight can use more fuel than I use in an entire year...even with my Tundra.

Awesome.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Holy shit this is the best twitter account I've seen. It tracks the private flights of some in our celeb class and shows you how much pollution each flight emits.

One thing that is eye opening, a single flight can use more fuel than I use in an entire year...even with my Tundra.

Awesome.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Air travel in general is concerning. Most of CO2 is emitted at elevations where it can't have a chance being utilized by plant life, and the amount of NOx generated is enormous.

Shad

Life of the Party
Their yachts are probably even worse. At least the jets get almost a mile per gallon....

longputt

Steelhead
I recall that a 737 with passengers is about 100 mpg per passenger. A bus with 50 passengers is about 450 mpg per passenger.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Cars, buses and trucks account for 87% of transportation related emissions.

Planes account for 10%.

Reactions: Zak

Flymph

Steelhead

Awesome.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Celebrities like Concert Groups?

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
A better metric would be a "per capita" or "per person traveling" or something similar. The numbers would look a lot different.
Of course, but I thought the numbers were important for some perspective.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Good thing Seattle is outlawing leaf blowers to offset this vital jet stuff.
I am solidly team anti-leaf blower. Not due to the emissions aspect but due to the noise nuisance aspect. I’ll happily co-opt misplaced climate enthusiasm to put leaf blowers in their grave. Get them off my goddamn lawn. Thank you for attending my lecture.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am solidly team anti-leaf blower. Not due to the emissions aspect but due to the noise nuisance aspect. I’ll happily co-opt misplaced climate enthusiasm to put leaf blowers in their grave. Get them off my goddamn lawn. Thank you for attending my lecture.

Let's face it. This legislation was introduced by a city council person who had the same problem. It's not about emissions it's about noise. Well that and white supremacy. POC are higher percentage users of leaf blowers per the Seattle study. This council person is obviously a Norse lineage racist with an agenda. I'm pro blow just on the social justice front. Mr. Pederson can take his white supremacy and shove it!

Flymph

Steelhead
Let's face it. This legislation was introduced by a city council person who had the same problem. It's not about emissions it's about noise. Well that and white supremacy. POC are higher percentage users of leaf blowers per the Seattle study. This council person is obviously a Norse lineage racist with an agenda. I'm pro blow just on the social justice front. Mr. Pederson can take his white supremacy and shove it!
Could you please refer to the study that points out that POC are higher percentage users. Did you draw the racist inclinations on your own, strictly because of this man's lineage, or is there some evidence of this racism in the study?

Flymph

Steelhead
Sure. Well at least the ones who are wannabe Eco-Warriors.

I don't blame them for flying private though. If I had that kind of money, I'd do the same. I just wouldn't be a hypocrite about it.
1. You condemn celebs who foul the air with jet emissions
2. You would do the same if you had the money
3. It's OK to foul the air as long as you are not a hypocrite about it.

Makes perfect sense!

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter

Awesome.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Don’t worry… he has reached salvation through carbon offset credits…

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Could you please refer to the study that points out that POC are higher percentage users. Did you draw the racist inclinations on your own, strictly because of this man's lineage, or is there some evidence of this racism in the study?

I read it in the Seattle times where they referenced social justice measures needing to be taken to offset the disproportional hardship on specifically Hispanic folks. I inferred the obvious racist intent of this legislation using my best Seattle honed social justice detection skills. I didn't invent clown world. I'm just living in it. Are you Pro blow or anti? I'll be fighting this case with my lawyers who are working pro blowno for the cause. Bono is again asleep at the wheel of his private jet while inequities go unanswered. I will not allow this. #resist

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Seem to recall Pearl Jam doing a concert at the Gorge benefiting environment? Maybe along those lines. They were going to plant trees to offset their touring carbon footprint..the Gorge in George WA where 25,000 people all drive long distances to the middle of nowhere to watch and band...make money to plant trees. Like about 10,000 cars driving over 200 miles on average?

I am not a rocket surgeon, but I wonder if that added up to a win? Or as below..all adds up? I guess they are trying is something positive (still only like their first album)..

CARBON MITIGATION​

Since 2003, Pearl Jam has calculated the metric tons of carbon dioxide output from the band’s world tours. Those calculations are based on band and crew flights and hotel stays, truck mileage, bus mileage, shipping weight (miles/mode of transport), and the number of fans attending each show.

Based on this calculation, the band allocates a portion of tour profits to invest in environmental projects that serve to offset or mitigate carbon dioxide that was released into the atmosphere on tours.

Nirvana and Soundgarden quit polluting cold turkey : |

Last edited:

Flymph

Steelhead

I read it in the Seattle times where they referenced social justice measures needing to be taken to offset the disproportional hardship on specifically Hispanic folks. I inferred the obvious racist intent of this legislation using my best Seattle honed social justice detection skills. I didn't invent clown world. I'm just living in it. Are you Pro blow or anti? I'll be fighting this case with my lawyers who are working pro blowno for the cause. Bono is again asleep at the wheel of his private jet while inequities go unanswered. I will not allow this. #resist
Where these Hispanic folks laborers providing a service for others? I live on a retirement budget, so an old rake, is my leaf blower. If I lived in overpopulated, polluted, Seattle, I would be for just about anything to lower its emissions.