NFR Bah Humbug

Non-fishing related

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
No, more like 4 months. It'll start up in early October and usually ends in late Jan/early Feb.
I saw a few laughed at this. It was actually serious. 35 Christmases (aka Peaks) at UPS I saw the change. Used to start the Monday after Black Friday and end Christmas Eve.

Now Peak starts beginning of October and ends mid January, sometimes into February. We see more volume on the Monday after Black Friday than on our Peak day a decade ago.

flybill

Life of the Party
I saw a few laughed at this. It was actually serious. 35 Christmases (aka Peaks) at UPS I saw the change. Used to start the Monday after Black Friday and end Christmas Eve.

Now Peak starts beginning of October and ends mid January, sometimes into February. We see more volume on the Monday after Black Friday than on our Peak day a decade ago.
Actually I feel it starts in July now.. some store start decorating earlier and earlier.. working in retail for too long.. I'm a bit jaded, but this year I'm off through the season and loving it! Will start a new sales job sometime in early January and it's in IT, so no retail for me.. Lots of potential too, financially I mean! Cheers and Merry Christmans!

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Actually I feel it starts in July now.. some store start decorating earlier and earlier.. working in retail for too long.. I'm a bit jaded, but this year I'm off through the season and loving it! Will start a new sales job sometime in early January and it's in IT, so no retail for me.. Lots of potential too, financially I mean! Cheers and Merry Christmans!
Well deliveries on Christmas displays and decorations have always been in June and July to bigger stores. That leaves the actual Christmas shopping months for shipping of actual retail goods (as in presents not decorations). It's always been that way in all of my 32 years as a delivery driver. In fact, what a lot of people don't understand, most Christmas buying is done the year before. So what you see in the shops right now was ordered in January this year. Why it's hard to restock the hot items. To get more production done, shipped to US, then out to stores, Christmas will be over.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Just heard the song 'text me merry christmas' for the first time in the store... what a hot piece of :poop:, officially bah humbug now.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
The grinch is the hero of the story when you realize he's just an introverted dog person who's tired of capitalism. Notice how he begins respecting the Whos when they celebrate Christmas without all the material goods--q.e.d.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
The grinch is the hero of the story when you realize he's just an introverted dog person who's tired of capitalism. Notice how he begins respecting the Whos when they celebrate Christmas without all the material goods--q.e.d.
It’s me! Except I’m an introverted cat person.