Awesome Dogs of PNW

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
We rescued Emma the minipincher about 7 years ago. Really a good girl, she likes nothing better than standing in the sun waiting for a squirrel to come by. Starting to get grey in the face.
20230424_192431.jpg

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Daphne had her spay surgery today. She's not very stoked at the moment. I don't remember who mentioned the laparoscopic spay earlier in this thread (Edit...thanks @Canuck from Kansas !), but that got me researching, and was what she ended up getting. Hoping it makes for a much shorter recovery time with the minimally invasive surgery. 3x 5mm incisions, no stitches, and restrictions only for the first couple days.

IMG_20230517_201346.jpg

If anyone is interested I contacted probably two dozen vets from Bellingham to Portland on the west side of the mountains tracking down who does these lap spays and I believe I have pretty much the complete list of places that do this procedure. Lots of places I was referred to didn't actually do them.

Itchy Dog

Steelhead
We adopted this Happy girl a little over 8 years ago. She had a rough start, having been abandoned two times in the first year and a half of her life. She was an amazing and constant companion (although she never accompanied me while fishing—preferred the couch instead). We had to say goodbye to her almost 2 months ago. She would have turned 10 yesterday and I miss her every minute. I’m still grieving but I’m also considering my next pooch. Life is too short to be lived without the company of a good dog.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5852.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5852.jpeg
    717.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    584.4 KB · Views: 23

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
We adopted this Happy girl a little over 8 years ago. She had a rough start, having been abandoned two times in the first year and a half of her life. She was an amazing and constant companion (although she never accompanied me while fishing—preferred the couch instead). We had to say goodbye to her almost 2 months ago. She would have turned 10 yesterday and I miss her every minute. I’m still grieving but I’m also considering my next pooch. Life is too short to be lived without the company of a good dog.
So sorry to hear. After a "rough start" you clearly gave her a wonderful 8 years she might not otherwise have had.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
My condolences, Itchy.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
What an expressive face!
I was never a Beagle guy, until I was coerced into (rescue) Molly. She had issues and I never thought I’d miss her, but I do. Hearing her “go off” in the yard tickled me every time. I could be coerced into another, but sssh.
I think I am lucky with this one. She went after a squirrel already but when I sternly ordered her back she ran back to me, and not into the woods chasing. I am still un-decided if I want to bring her fishing with me. I think maybe if its a gear fishing dirtbag day and I am fishing from my boat all day she could just chill on the floor.

Divad

Whitefish
I think I am lucky with this one. She went after a squirrel already but when I sternly ordered her back she ran back to me, and not into the woods chasing. I am still un-decided if I want to bring her fishing with me. I think maybe if its a gear fishing dirtbag day and I am fishing from my boat all day she could just chill on the floor.
111606FD-B6B2-43C5-AB55-D936CE17CAA8.jpeg
Wonderful fishing dogs, mine doesn’t care at all about living fish only the dead ones that smell (to roll in of course 🤦‍♂️😁).

A little easier to put in a boat compared to my Weimaraner who is psychotic about fishing.

8D3B4671-5A55-4144-9393-05EB3E943F32.jpeg