Area #13

Divad

Whitefish
In other words we closed it without actually looking into it completely (the “Random” notation and #1/#2 joke) And while it was closed came to the conclusion that we shouldn’t of closed it and reopened it. (chuck n Larry stupid circle)

It prevails. Why do they make confidence and respect of their program further and further to grasp?

Divad

Whitefish
FYI I wasn’t kidding in my above example all colorful and full of pictures.

Let me synopsis this beauty from @Stonedfish READY YALL: que the Georgia font let’s do this.

A person at WDFW solely has the ability to call the shots on the fishery at a drop of a dime. His name is Mark Balltzell. Abbreviated (and because of my politically correct anger) I’ll call him DUMB. All quotes are from the article.

DUMB used “anecdotal” evidence from “south sound fisherman he trusted” to provide him with info that they can’t f****** read a fish finder because they said there’s no fish.

And second bit DUMB used for justification was an inriver netting short day from a nat——First Nation resident. That less than 3 FU**ing days later reversed because oops they noticed they just had a bad day, and now there is “relief” because someone cried wolf and wdfw ASSUMED POSITION when literally “rivers are just a week or two late, and that they’re showing up all over Minter Creek and Elsewhere in deep sound”.

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
I’m actually livid. How can one waffle have such ability at the state, then admits to it as if it’s an oopsie that should be accepted.

Oh Mark.

Jisabi

Steelhead
I mean, it was an ill informed decision. But on the bright side they realized their mistake, took ownership of it, expressed remorse, and re-opened the fishery. That's something to commend. And... we get to fish now. Can't wait to get out.

Divad

Whitefish
At a certain level, ill-informed decisions have substantially stronger consequences. I think Mark just learned a level of responsibility I took on years ago.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Just finished looking at the Creel reports from the boat launchs. Pretty grim for the So. Sound. The Coho remain up North yet. Zero catch below Point Defiance. Kings are slow also. Still have faith "the best Coho forcast in years" will work out..

Chucker

Steelhead
Just finished looking at the Creel reports from the boat launchs. Pretty grim for the So. Sound. The Coho remain up North yet. Zero catch below Point Defiance. Kings are slow also. Still have faith "the best Coho forcast in years" will work out..

Lots of chinook at Minter creek, along with lots of people apparently fishing…

skyrise

Steelhead
How do you think the folks down south feel about them closing the Columbia only a short time after wdfw let the commercials net. And with one of the best returns for chinook and coho now showing strong also ? The statement “we need more time to figure this out“ ? You all (wdfw & odfw) have had 30 years to get this right !
I really feel for the guides and businesses that have to suffer for this incompetence.

Divad

Whitefish
Anybody been playing in 13 this week, clarity, fish about?

I have a couple hours tomorrow and trying to decide where to go.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Drove by it last weekend on the way to 12, but didn’t fish it.
Lots of logs / debris floating but that may have clear out by now.
Water clarity was fine at that point, but might have changed with todays rain.
Two 14’+ highs tomorrow won’t leave much beach depending on when you plan to fish and will likely put more debris in the water on those highs.
SF

Divad

Whitefish
Drove by it last weekend on the way to 12, but didn’t fish it.
Lots of logs / debris floating but that may have clear out by now.
Water clarity was fine at that point, but might have changed with todays rain.
Two 14’+ highs tomorrow won’t leave much beach depending on when you plan to fish and will likely put more debris in the water on those highs.
SF

Thank you for the heads up, I’ll take logs over mud water but you’re right I don’t have much to work with.

FEA0CA8A-D5F7-4F11-9BC4-30CFDD9738DA.jpeg

I’ll give at least one beach a go, it looks too calm wind wise not to.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
How’s Area 13 treating folks lately? I (hopefully) get to fish for the first time in many weeks on Sunday, and per usual for the winter doldrums I’m having an existential crisis over whether to try a lake or the sound.

NRC

Forum Supporter
Same for me. The resident coho are about and were fond of a maroon shrimp tube pattern. Probably not long before they swim away. In our Deep South they often disperse in March.
Yep, was hoping they hadn’t already split for the north sound. Thanks for the reports @Wetswinger and @Jisabi . Between that and my window being in the morning before the lakes warm up, sound it is. Maybe a grandma’s low hangers to pencilflower point to jo’momma circuit. And dessert at Massimos.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Maybe a grandma’s low hangers to pencilflower point to jo’momma circuit. And dessert at Massimos.
You’ve forever changed how I’ll think of those places.

NRC

Forum Supporter
You’ve forever changed how I’ll think of those places.
I’m glad to hear it. Can’t take credit for the best one, “grandma’s low hangers”. Can’t remember which ol’ gizzler I heard that from

NRC

Forum Supporter
Grandma was in no mood for my advances this morning. Time to head to clammier pastures.

Divad

Whitefish
I did grandpas lap, then to broken arrow rub nipple, and finished at the library. Yes, that library. Half tempted to go back out and try Auntie Bobs New Dangle but the trip to the library has me content.

Reactions: NRC