Adding a scarf?

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I’m actually headed down to Billings right now to look for a new scarf so this feedback is helpful. The weather is perfect for a day of shopping…28 degrees and fresh snow.

I will circle back later.
Don't fade houndstooth. Classic pattern (my personal favorite).

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
The past couple of years, I have really taken to the scarf. It is such a functional piece as well as a great way to provide an accent to the wardrobe. And they are just not for old people. Did you know that a skinny scarf has been one of the most searched accessories in 2022?

With that said, does anyone wear this piece while fishing? Buffs simply don't provide enough insulation so I'm wondering about a wool scarf to help keep warm?

Either I'm completely behind on this or PNWFF could be on the verge of starting a trend. Thoughts?
Use a neck gaiter like the skiers use. Very effective iin keeping out the cold. I pull mine up over my chin for extra comfort...turtle fur is soft and not itchy like wool..

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This ^ I have a wool buff/neck gaiter that is in heavy roatation. Kinda a scarf? Definitely not fashionable but works great!
I do have several scarves that my mom and grandmom knitted for me. I have tried to rock 'em but it just doesn't work for me

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Fashion has no place in fishing. Everything without a purpose( except extra flies you know you don't need) is trash.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Between marriages I dated a hippie gal that lived on Lummi Island. She was a weaver and made me a scarf some 30 or so years ago. Still have it and wear it often in winter, even while fishing…

Wendy the weaver…

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
The real question is how you wear the scarf. I have 4-5 that gets a lot of use in the winter, especially when paired with my peacoat of duffle coat. My favorite is a handmade Scottish merino plaid my mom brought back from vacation. I only have 1 that gets worn while fishing, but only rarely. I find I don't like them in the rain and it's not often cold and dry here on the westside.

Are you doing a single wrap with long tails? Double wrap with short tails? Folded and single wrap? Folded and both tails passed through?