Adding a scarf?

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
The past couple of years, I have really taken to the scarf. It is such a functional piece as well as a great way to provide an accent to the wardrobe. And they are just not for old people. Did you know that a skinny scarf has been one of the most searched accessories in 2022?

With that said, does anyone wear this piece while fishing? Buffs simply don't provide enough insulation so I'm wondering about a wool scarf to help keep warm?

Either I'm completely behind on this or PNWFF could be on the verge of starting a trend. Thoughts?

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Tangle and choking hazard, no for skiing and no for fishing.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
While I appreciate the look of a scarf as a fashion accent when worn with a longer wool coat, it's not nearly as practical as a good neck gaiter in a fishing/hunting scenario. A gaiter fits tighter and is warmer. Friday night on the town with the lady....scarf. Saturday am on the river...gaiter.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Buffs simply don't provide enough insulation so I'm wondering about a wool scarf to help keep warm?
I have a mid-weight merino "Buff" (brand) that's quite warm with a wool or fleece hat and fleece "neck gaiters" abound.
I do have a silk aviator's scarf though 😎

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I got a pile of those neck gaiters from 'that time we don't speak of' and I just wore one yesterday like a scarf while working outside. It was in the 30's all morning, hard to belive it was 80 degrees 2 weeks ago. Tradional scarfs limit my mobility and are always falling off so I'm a hard no in the scarf department.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I've never worn a scarf in my life and I don't know what a ascot is.

An ascot is the male equivalent to a merkin. 😉
SF