2023 Skagit/Sauk season is a go

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I finally got around to finding and looking up the NMFS biologist who is working on the Skagit RMP review. Multiple things going on at once, and he can't say when, but only that it will be out sooner than later. He also said that the co-managers submitted the renewal in timely fashion; it's all internal stuff at NMFS that's responsible for the delay. Reminds me of all the stuff I couldn't get out on time no matter how soon I started it. Bureaucracy always finds a way to not get shit done on time.

Big Tuna

Steelhead
I finally got around to finding and looking up the NMFS biologist who is working on the Skagit RMP review. Multiple things going on at once, and he can't say when, but only that it will be out sooner than later. He also said that the co-managers submitted the renewal in timely fashion; it's all internal stuff at NMFS that's responsible for the delay. Reminds me of all the stuff I couldn't get out on time no matter how soon I started it. Bureaucracy always finds a way to not get shit done on time.
I'm supposed to be fishing the Skagit next week so I hope the powers that be take that into consideration.;)

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Is poaching even profitable? I can't fathom why people with so little regard for fish even bother trying to catch the last wild Steelhead or Chinook
Big game poachers locally do it for the kill mostly the agents tell me. There were 4 poached/dead cow elk left to rot here recently.

Fish poaching has to be about eating the fish (?), or they could be conscientious catch & release, out of seasoners.

Last edited:

kerrys

Ignored Member
Big game poachers locally do it for the kill mostly the agents tell me. There were 4 poached/dead cow elk left to rot here recently.

Fish poaching has to be about eating the fish (?), or they could be conscientious catch & release, out of seasoners.
On the Skagit poaching is a family business proudly handed down from one generation to the next.

Skunk Ape

Smolt
On the Skagit poaching is a family business proudly handed down from one generation to the next.
Yup, they originated from North Carolina backwoods and that’s what they do. Still wonder why they disowned Bob Barker🤔😂. He was an original Darry resident. Maybe he didn’t buy into the poaching is a way of life thing and turned to game show host. From there we can draw our own conclusions.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Let’s be real, poaching isn’t hard. Getting away with it isn’t even that hard. What is hard is the life most people end up living if they treat the law that way. Being an outlaw is a lifestyle, it’s not just an outdoor sport.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Let’s be real, poaching isn’t hard. Getting away with it isn’t even that hard. What is hard is the life most people end up living if they treat the law that way. Being an outlaw is a lifestyle, it’s not just an outdoor sport.

Disobeying laws/rules is easy. I do it often.
In my own life, if i followed all laws and regulations......it would be a dull day.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

It's a popular career choice now. Very mainstream in Western Washington.

Skunk Ape

Smolt
Honestly, at this point they will most likely open it the beginning of March. If it opens, but that’s my gut feeling. We’ll see🤞🏼.