2023 Bamboo Fling?

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
Time to start thinking about this year's Bamboo Fling.

How about Saturday June 4 or Saturday June 24 at Cascade View Neighborhood Park in Redmond?

Roper has a new Herters rod he can show us. I've added a 12' Sharpes spliced and 10' Sharpes spliced to my collection. Maybe Dennis Worley will have a new two handed rod. Kado's 7'6" rod should be ready by then.

What say you?

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'd like to be there. The first Saturday of June would work for me (June 3rd) or Sunday the 4th if that what you were thinking Dave. The 24th is not going to work for me though.

I got a new rod I can share too, 8'4" 5 wt.

Mike

Tim Cottage

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'd like to attend. I don't typically plan that far ahead so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope nothing comes up. I should have another rod or two by then.

jerry

Steelhead
Glad to see someone picking this up and trying to set a date and location. I will be in Canada trying out my new Olivia Elia 4 wt. rod from 6/25/23 to 6/30/23. My guess I will be tired on the 24th from the drive home. So, I vote for the 4th of June. When we get a firm date, I would like to send an invite to Olivia to see if she can come and show us her work. She built me a beautiful rod.

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
As far as I now, that's good for me. I have nothing new to add to the mix, but it's always fun meeting the "boo crew" and sharing a discrete adult beverage.
We can plan our next summer hiking adventure. Have a couple ideas in mind...

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Glad to see someone picking this up and trying to set a date and location. I will be in Canada trying out my new Olivia Elia 4 wt. rod from 6/25/23 to 6/30/23. My guess I will be tired on the 24th from the drive home. So, I vote for the 4th of June. When we get a firm date, I would like to send an invite to Olivia to see if she can come and show us her work. She built me a beautiful rod.
It's a long drive up from Sisters OR, but it would certainly be a treat to have Olivia join us, and Dave and Mary Ann Dozer too if they were interested. Dave is or was Olivia's mentor for making bamboo rods.

jerry

Steelhead
It's a long drive up from Sisters OR, but it would certainly be a treat to have Olivia join us, and Dave and Mary Ann Dozer too if they were interested. Dave is or was Olivia's mentor for making bamboo rods.
Would be very nice if we could get Olivia, Dave Dozer and Russell Beck to come up and show us their rods. Both Dave and Russel were mentors to Olivia. Could add a whole perspective to our little fling. Maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself.

jerry

Steelhead
I have already mentioned that I acquired a new rod from Olivia Elia and will be showing it off at the fling. I was given a 132-year-old Hardy fly rod a few months ago. The varnish is if tough shape and at 132 years old I don't think it should be cast. It is a beautiful wall hanger and is now a treasurer of mine. If I can find the time, I might build a shadow box to display it. I think I need to keep my eyes open for an old Hardy reel to display with it.

Hi Everyone,

It would be wonderful to attend your summer time bamboo event but at this time, I'm not sure what my schedule is going to be like. I know I'm completely booked up in May and June, already have some commitments in August also. I would encourage you to schedule your event on the dates that work best for all of you and if there is a possibility that Mary Ann and I can attend, we'll just see if things work our for us. I'm not sure whether Olivia would be able to attend.

Dave Dozer

jerry

Steelhead
I have a long-standing commitment on the 3th of June. I am the president of a club that is having an event on the 3rd of June that I have to officiate. I can make it on the 4th of June and the Cascade View Neighborhood Park in Redmond is a good location. Even though it is an 80-mile drive for me, I would hate to miss a Bamboo Fling. Should I make a command decision and say the date is June 4th and the location is the Cascade View Neighborhood Park in Redmond?