Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Season Passholes......love the name.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
100 yrs of skiing, I bet he would whip swimmy:D

Paige

I hit opening day for 12 yrs straight, damn I miss Baker too!

Triploidjunkie

Life of the Party
I'm stoked for this year! Haven't got up on the mountain in two years or so(not even Covid related, other things). My wife can't go this year per doctor orders, but the step daughter and I are looking forward to hitting the slopes. I just wish we had a mountain closer to us. The closest is over two hours away, and not very good. All the good ones are at least three hours away

Reactions: Hem

Russell

Steelhead
I hit opening day for 12 yrs straight, damn I miss Baker too!
Grew up skiing baker and skied it until I moved out of the area in the mid 90's. Remember all the $2 bills as change for the $18 dollar student ticket. Lots of stays at the mountaineers lodge up there. I remember one year, I don't remember which but in mid 90's, we got so much snow that they closed the road to anyone coming up that morning. They opened the lifts for the few at the top, mountaineers and such, and didn't charge for the lifts. Waist deep day.....
We are getting dumped on down in tahoe. Hopfully the rest of the year pans out.
Here is a picture of my grandma up at baker before the lifts. I think there was a rope tow.
grandma baker.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Grew up skiing baker and skied it until I moved out of the area in the mid 90's. Remember all the $2 bills as change for the $18 dollar student ticket. Lots of stays at the mountaineers lodge up there. I remember one year, I don't remember which but in mid 90's, we got so much snow that they closed the road to anyone coming up that morning. They opened the lifts for the few at the top, mountaineers and such, and didn't charge for the lifts. Waist deep day.....
Here is a picture of my grandma up at baker before the lifts. I think there was a rope tow.
View attachment 44555
I camped up there that year
At Artist Point for a week
It snowed 88” while I was there
Lots of digging

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
View attachment 44555
We got a couple of feet of heeeaaavvvvyyyy snow at our house in Truckee. Sugar Bowl has about 4 feet. They just opened 80 back up but 40 is closed still. Snow blowing is as hard as it gets but hey its supposed to snow in thr mountains!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Remember to keep an eye on your buddies when it's super deep out there. The Baker community lost one of our own yesterday. Could have been any of us because we were all out there doing the thing, and the best day ever can turn into the last day ever in the blink of an eye.

Paige

Remember to keep an eye on your buddies when it's super deep out there. The Baker community lost one of our own yesterday. Could have been any of us because we were all out there doing the thing, and the best day ever can turn into the last day ever in the blink of an eye.

Sorry to hear, tree well or avi?