Search results

1. S

Danielsson Reels and DHL Shipping

I know its been said before but ordering reels from Sweden is "reely" fast. My L5W 6nine reel was shipped from the factory on Monday morning (11/20) and arrived in Springfield Oregon before dinner tonight (11/22). Shipping cost $22 with DHL. Holy crap that is fast. Reel is beautiful.
  2. S

Factory Loops?

The interwebs are divided on cutting them off. Thoughts?
  3. S

FS Reels: Orvis and Lamsons SOLD

Selling these three to fund the purchase of a couple Danielsson reels for my upcoming saltwater trip. All function properly with minimal wear. Lines not included. No pouches. Orvis Battenkill MId Arbor IV and spare spool: $150 $125 Sold Lamson Guru 3.5: $150 $125 Sold Lamson Konic 4.0: $85...
  4. S

FS Anderson Custom Rods ACR Nova 2 1134-4 4wt 11'3"

Selling my ACR Nova 2 trout spey. Great rod and only fished a couple times. Steve Godshall Scandoid line included. Gonna miss this one but funding a saltwater rod and reel. Excellent condition. $400 shipped CONUS. PayPal preferred.
  5. S

FS Sage Accel 590-4

Hey. Selling my 5wt Sage Accel 590-4 to fund the purchase of a saltwater rod and reel. The cork shows normal soiling and the blank is in excellent condition. Rod case included. $300 $275 $250 shipped CONUS. PayPal preferred.
  6. S

Braided Backing Loop to Loop Q

I've ordered some 60 lbs. Momoi Diamond Braid hollow core line to load on a 9wt and 11wt reel. Diameter of the braid is .014 in. Will create a double blind splice to form the loop. My question: should I be worried this about the braid cutting into the factory loops on the lines? Thanks.
  7. S

Kauai in December

Lucky to find myself going to Kauai for my 50th birthday in December. One week just north of Lihue and one week with friends in Hanalei Bay. Spent time on the island prior to becoming a fly fisherman so I'm excited to make this my first saltwater trip. Planning to fish 5-7 days total. Bringing...
  8. S

Anyone missing a Zaxis and Guru reel?

Craigslist post that seems like it could be stolen gear: https://olympic.craigslist.org/spo/d/satsop-lamson-guru-size-fly-reel/7595346082.html
  9. S

Wanted J. Ryall saltwater reel in 7-8wt???

Hey, I recently acquired an unfished Powell Tiboron 7wt saltwater rod for the quiver (thanks Mark!). Wondering if if anyone has a J. Ryall 7-8wt saltwater reel that's collecting dust on the back shelf. Thinking it would be cool to combine these two quality California companies for my first...
  10. S

Wanted Saltwater 7wt Rod

Hey, Looking to fill a spot in the quiver. Don't want to spend a ton of money since it won't get that much use. Something like a Echo 3 Salt, Prime, Sage FLi, etc. What do you have collecting dust in the back of the closet? Thanks, Jason
  11. S

Experience with Cheeky Limitless Reels? Other Mid-Priced Options?

Planning to do a tropical saltwater trip in the next year or so. So I'm slowly building the quiver and need a reel for the 11wt rod. Won't be able to jump right into the Nautilus, Tibor, Hatch price point. I have Lamsons and an Orvis Hydros for the lower weight rods. Does anyone have...
  12. S

Clicker on euro nymph rod?

Hey, I recently upgraded my euro nymphing rod from an original series Moonshine Epiphany to a Cortland Competition MKii. The vintage Martin clicker matched well with the Epiphany but is too heavy for the new rod. Who's using a light clicker on your euro rod? What model? Recommendations...