Search results

1. Snickersnackers

Used reels from Japan?

Just dropping in to say that I purchased a SA System II (older English-made model) recently from a seller in Japan on Ebay. The quality was exactly as imaged/described and was at my mailbox in one week - would not hesitate to do so again.
  2. Snickersnackers

March Madness

K-State Alum checking in. EMAW
  3. Snickersnackers

Favorite fish of 2022

Brown from an Eastern Oregon tailwater (~18"). Had not caught a single brown trout in my life until this trip. Easily my PB trout. Pretty place, too.
  4. IMG_0308.JPEG

IMG_0308.JPEG

5. IMG_0278.JPEG

IMG_0278.JPEG

6. Snickersnackers

What's in your vise?

Purple Warrior Perdigon
  7. IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

8. Snickersnackers

Wading Boot Recommendation

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. You all have convinced me to change my tack. I'm quite interested in a Korker product now. The Dark Horse is what my friend has that I referenced in my original post and those are seeming like a very good option now with all of the great input...
  9. Snickersnackers

I suspected I wouldn't be able to have all three at once.... *sigh* If that's the case, I think I'd sacrifice durability for nimbleness. And given that I have little experience with the various brands and their different qualities, there's something to say for keeping it a relatively...
  10. Snickersnackers

I definitely fall into the "straight" in this diagram. Wide foot, low arch. Well I've managed to avoid anything too serious with regards to my foot. Somewhat ironically, it was my wrist that was injured by slipping and bracing my fall. Age may have not caught up to me quite yet though. ;)
  11. Snickersnackers

Blown out fabric eyelets and crushed (pinched) bottom eyelets are the reason I need to replace the current pair. The bottom eyelets have essentially severed the laces. Though the uppers are also in bad shape. For what it's worth, wet wading is what I do most.
  12. Snickersnackers

I've worn out my current pair of Redington Benchmark wading boots after two seasons so I'm in the market for a new pair. Some considerations: Lightweight - I fish quickly and cover a lot of ground. That and going down to the D with four friends means I have to make my own space. So a lighter...
  13. Snickersnackers

Giveaway time (Seahawk contest)!

Wilson - 255 Geno - 223