Search results

1. E

Fly fishing albacore oregon

Does anyone have recommendations for guides for albacore preferably in the mid-north coast Oregon area? I won't be buying a 12 wt, so they'd need to provide equipment. I realize it's an August/September trip, but didn't do well looking online, so thought I'd reach out to the experts.
  2. E

East/Paulina

Went up that way last week, with the intention of renewing my friendship with East Lake, and attempting to figure out Paulina (had not fished there before). Arrived to wind, wind, more wind on Day 1; fished from 1:30 - 4:30 after waiting out the wind for a couple of hours, and caught the usual...
  3. E

Bug question

I don't know whether to post this in general forum or in the flytying/bug forum, but I'll start here first looking for the bigger audience. Let me focus on two lakes I fish before I get to the question. I fished this lake often last year and was stunned by the consistency and size of the...
  4. E

Crane Prairie advice needed

I haven't had the opportunity to fish Crane Prairie, and it's possible I'll get that opportunity soon. It is of course a big lake, and I fish out of a pontoon boat. Which of the boat launches would be my best choice? I'd love to hear rationale as well. THANKS!
  5. E

McKenzie

Short report on a float in the Leaburg (sp?) area. Fished last Thursday - a couple fish were caught in the AM under indicators, and more fish were caught in the afternoon during a sporadic March Brown hatch. Fish were mostly between 14-16", except for an overeager 4"er. Water was a bit high...