Search results

1. W

BLM and new mandate

Well congress has spoken and BLM is tart being more conservation aware. Restore habitat and stream beds and remove invasive species. I guess we will see how that all works out and how certain political favorites are favored. Money does talk so we will see how much the environment is...
  2. W

No Harm no Foul

This is a bit of curiosity and not intended to be contentious by any means. If a fishery is recognized as being threatened but yet open to fish will you fish the run? Or if the fish IE steelhead are greatly stressed through out their range but certain rivers allow a fishery that claims...
  3. W

I wonder why?

So many people like these very fast rods that seem to becoming the norm. I find no great advantage using them. As for distance I can get the same distance with a medium action as I can a fast action, somewhere around 85 feet. Far more than what I consider a real fishing distance. I can do...
  4. W

Oh What the Heck!

It has been two years since I have gotten out and I am not particularly amused. Issues with shoulders and legs that I will leaves right there. The Yak has dropped to some really nice flows and what the hell, my shoulders hurt like hell and my legs will only carry me about 200 yards just the...
  5. W

Something Needs to Change.

WDFW's policy for many years if there is a larger than expected run of fish has been to allow either a roe fishery or an all out commercial/tribal fishery based on a number of days rather than on take of fish. One striking example is several years ago a bonus number of chum showed up bound for...
  6. W

Eburg hunters and shooters: attn

My Remington 700 was in need of a new trigger and safety. So I took it into REHV Arms here in Ellensburg this morning and told maybe 4 weeks as they were busy in the shop. At 5 PM I get a call, your rifle is ready to pick up. Outstanding service and the price was decent and more than fair. Dave
  7. W

Yakima Waders, it is time

The river finally dropped below 2000 cfs today and running at 1930 or so, well into what I consider safer wading flows. I will not get into others thoughts on what is safe, wading is not safe to begin with! The drop has been about 100 cfs or so a day so it is looking really good for this...
  8. W

A Report

In the guise of being correct here is my report of a something, trip implies drugs or alcohol use.. Walked four miles on synthetic shoes to get to the geological formation that was my target. Cann't drive my truck, carbon emissions you know and can not name the geological feature due to hot...
  9. W

Name your one fly

Nane your one selection for, dry fly, streamer, nymph and emerger. Dry, Adams Streamer, Muddler Minnow Nymph, Pheasant Tail Emerger, Light tan and partridge. Add any category you like. Dave