Search results

1. The Coho King

Spinning Reels

Even us fly guys own a spinning reel for certain circumstances. Does anybody know why a fine new Penn reel is difficult, reel tightens, when the drag is increased. Most I've had just will spin easy but twist line. This one reel is harder to turn the more the graph is increased. Design or bad.
  2. The Coho King

CA Seals and Sealions eating all of WA Springers?

Many Sealions spotted today Kalama up to Madrow. 100 Seals in Cowlitz near Kelso, and seals all the way to barrier dam. Goodbye Springers. Is this a overrun by California? Does WDFD even have a clue how to manage this overpopulation (they are experts at harvest!)
  3. The Coho King

Ells hatchery

What's wrong with this hatchery. Trout that look like noses cut off for tags, ripped jaws, tumors.
  4. The Coho King

ER Conservation combined with netting

Sure all have absorbed the ER closures for tributaries, and most can agree to that until it rains. In Gray Harbor they left the estuary open up to above the Satsop for continued sports and netting. Not a lot a sense there. WDFW already allowed a couple weeks of 4 continuous days of netting...
  5. The Coho King

Kalama River

I used to fish summer run SH on the Kalama regularly back in the day when the upper fly water was productive and the did not segregate the natives. Also the lower section for Coho after September. Does anyone care to share what they know of the runs on the Kalama anymore? I gave up reading...
  6. The Coho King

Trolling Pontoons?

Any advice or opinions on using an electric trolling motor on a pontoon? Mine has a mount but never considered until I recently forgot my oars. Also maybe a good backup for windy days or larger lakes?